Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My current bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Aug 10, 2005.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I currently have a slammer chapparal 4-string (no pics) and have noticed since i found this site that both the slammer and hamer brand have no mention whatsoever. Is this because the are considered poor quality or just not alot of people buy them?

I ask because i am looking into buying a new bass but was wondering if it is really necessary, i have been playing for 4 months but am planning to continue playing for many years to come. It hasn't been kept in the best condition and is 8 years old, so i figured it was time.

Any thoughts anyone might have on the slammer series (specifically the chapparal) would be much obliged, as well as any past experiences (positive or negative) on the slammer brand.

2. Is it time because it's old?, or because you want something different? Age isn't necessarily a factor to change a bass. Some of the best basses out there are over 10 year old or older. I haven't see too much on Hamer, or Slammer here, either, but maybe it just hasn't come up, yet. Here's your shot. I'd also get on line and research the basses through the companys and then go out and find some to play and see if they feel right. It's all up to how you feel with it. That's the deciding factor.