1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My current equipment post-honeymoon review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by quigg, Apr 17, 2009.

1. quigg

quigg

Jul 27, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    So, after several months (four) of playing through my Titan and Schroeder 610 I have to say, I don't think this honeymoon will ever end. (My profile is updated with all of the current gear that I use) the only downside of this setup is that I can't use it at all in my apartment, it is simply too loud at even the lowest volume. It sounds great, and will cut through anything. Period. I really enjoy my signal path, and stopped using most of my effects, all I use now is my compressor and the AGRO for the deep switch and a tiny bit of dirt, else I use the OD on the Titan. I recently auditioned for a death metal band with the loudest drummer I have ever played with (actually had to wear earplugs) and it sounded tight and articulated even at high volume, I was playing through my Infinity which has an extremely hot output with the preamp turned on and the Titan is the only amp of mine that doesn't distort when I am using that bass. The Titan takes a beating and asks for more. I've already dropped my head (racked with everything else) about 3 feet a couple of times and it didn't skip a beat, I bring it to work when my ship pulls out so it is exposed to extreme vibration sometimes (and it still works) I just can't say enough about how good it sounds and how durable it is, the amp and the cab are both fine pieces of human ingenuity. :bassist: You know it's good when the engineers can clearly hear you in the mainspaces and you are playing 6 decks above them while the engines are on.