Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My current GAS is about to be cured...THIS AFTERNOON HOPEFULLY!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by addylewis, Jan 11, 2006.

1. I can't bloody wait! For the last 11 months I've been buying vintage mustang bass parts...started with the body, then control plate, neck plate, bridge, pickups, pickguard, neck then finally tuners...all pre 1978! (so it cost me about $1100 altogether...ah EBAY...what would we do without it? - well..probably not buy the body in the first place, but ah well...!)

Anyway, yeah I bought all these parts in the last year - and also bought parts for a fretless bass (well...I bought a fretless neck which wouldn't fit on the mustang body so...I bought a wired up cheap P-bass body to go with it) - I've spent ages trying to find someone in Sheffield who builds guitars (apart from guitar shops who would probably charge me an arm and a leg...)

I've FOUND SOMEONE! I'm gonna (hopefully) go round to his place later and he can have a look at them and sort them out for me (The fretless neck I bought, and the mustang body haven't got any screwholes in them...so I'M not risking cocking everything up and wasting £650!)

I CAN'T WAIT! MY GAS IS GONNA BE CURED (for now...) - now...FINDING SOMEWHERE TO PUT THEM is another issue, but they've been in my house all along (albeit in boxes/bits) so it shouldn't be TOO bad! :) :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Wow... I've seen '70s mustangs in great condition on the bay go for like $600-800

3. I gave the bits to the guy...

and...

...£150 for both - including some extra little bits/pieces, fret dressing and some "finish" work on the body (in 1 month or less...I CAN'T W8!!!):cool: :cool: :cool: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :bassist: