My custom bass (ETS & BART HELP NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Theshortlist_to, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    Ive posted about this in the basses forum but i thought i would let it rise from the ashes as there have been developments and i was looking for advice of the luthiers out there

The specs are:

• 4 String
    • Bubinga body
    • Maple top
    • Mahogany neck
    • 24 frets
    • 34" Scale
    • Bartolini EMG 35 pick up
    • Bartolini 3-band pre amp
    • Gottoh Tuners
    • Shaller Strap locks
    • ETS Mk III Curved Bridge with different tail piece
    • Ebony Fretboard

i was thinking about getting ETS piezos installed in the bridge however im not sure how much this would confuse things as it would obviously need a seperate pre-amp and its own pots

can anyone who has experience with the bart 3 band pre-amps or with ETS bridges and Piezos please post the pro's and cons and an explanation of what they have used.

I am wondering how the piezos will effect the sound, i can obviously use the soapbar on its own and what it would sound like with some of the piezo blended in?

I will post some pics of the basses development and designs so far later today.
  2. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI
    Karl Thompson, Builder (Formerly Fat Karl)
  3. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

dinked around with piezo's but don't really know squat about them. However, lately RMC's keep coming up and reportedly they work well alone and have a deep tone to them and not just the hollow treble complimentary tone I'm accustomed to. In as much they would function like a seperate pup and be much more useful and more of bargain in terms of getting more for what's involved in adding them.