1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Custom Basses, What do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FumandoV, Nov 7, 2006.

1. FumandoV

FumandoV

Nov 13, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    These are my 2 babbies. Just got the 4 string. Do you like? Where do you think, adjustments can be done.

DSC00674.jpg

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I dig the six- definitely AJ inspired. It could use a bit more carving at the top of the headstock so as to not look mostly like a plain rectangle. The four has some interesting elements, although there's not a great use for 26 frets when the lower bout is only cut just deep enough to access the 24th.

3. fryBASS

fryBASS

Aug 8, 2006
    New Haven, CT
    umm tapping maybe? otherwise you'd have to bring your thumb out from behind to get there.

and oh yeah, both are awesome:bassist:

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I like the one of the left! The one on the right is very Fodera (as mentioned), and I was just never a fan of the Jackson body shape. Cool basses!

5. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The left one looks like a Schecter Stilleto body with a Ritter upper horn and a Curbow headstock.

I dig.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Huh... that's exactly what it looks like.

7. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm good, what can I say?

8. really like the left one

9. FumandoV

FumandoV

Nov 13, 2004
    Puerto Rico

Very true!! The 26th fret is almost impossible.

Thxs guys for the feedback. I made the 4, with a little help from my friends. I compared it to a Fodera Monarch and it sounds *almost* the same, (im gonna get burned for this). Also, I didn't get to spend $1k for the 4 string, that's the amazing part.

10. garth elson

garth elson

Aug 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I'm REALLY loving that body on the 4 string! The dark wood would go really well with some inlay around the outside of the body, IMO. Since the neck is almost the same color (at least in the pics), some subtle stuff may look good. OH! or you could go with pearl(oid) panels on the pickups! The string spacing also looks fairly wide up at the nut on the 4, but that seems more like a playing preference. A wonderful pair!

11. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    The 4 looks awesome well done for that one mate

12. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I like the 4 stringer. The 6er is not my type, but still looks classy.

13. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    I like 'em both! Very nice. I would agree with Bryan though, that the 6-string could use a little more carving to the headstock. To give it a nicer shape.