1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Custom Momentary Loop - OC-2 inside - CLIPS

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by icarussmicarus, Apr 30, 2009.

1. This is a result of my original thread seeking help

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534217&highlight=

So Firstly thankyou Grygrx for your awesome tipoff!

On the gear page - there is an excellent small builder making all variety of reasonably priced utility tools for pedal boards. His handle is this1smyne - this is the thread:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=491371

I asked him to make me an effects loop that adds extra functionality to the switching of whatever is placed in the loop. In my case it was the OC-2 octave pedal which I like to dropping in for a note of two when I'm playing certain riffs without having to tap dance on and off.

So he built me this!
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

You stick whatever pedals you like in the loop like any other true bypass loop but instead of merely having an on and off switch - it has a touch sensitive momentary switch.

The switch on the right has a red LED and when it's on the pedal is on - switching the right footswitch off then turns on the left footswitch and it's yellow LED. When the yellow LED is on your tone comes through clean untill you press down on the switch giving a pressure sensitive channel. Simply press the right footswitch again to have the effect permanently engaged.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=873708&songID=7561484

Here is a quick clip I made of the momentary side in action. My OC-2 is in the loop set 100% octave down 0% dry. Then runs into my Barber LTD SR and PE Depth Charge. The end result is synthy octave jumping goodness that I could not get by hand.

This is just one of the many ways it can be used - since you can put any pedal in the loop. Just try to imagine how it would sound putting some oscillating madness in the loop that you could switch on and off just from a pressure sensitive touch!

I hadn't seen a looper like this before so I thought I'd share. I may do more clips of different applications later.

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I've been meaning to get a pedal exactly like this built for... about a year.

Is it noisy when switching - any pops when working the momentary switch?

Gut shot? :ninja:

3. There is a pop the first time you touch it, but never again. It's almost as if the pedal warms up or something (I don't know how to explain it).

As you can hear from the clip though there is pretty much no popping getting in the way, it's just kindof an inital thing when you first power it up. I'm pretty damn happy with how cleanly it switches too the only sloppiness is with me when my foot gets tired - the loop never gives out.

It's only 80 bucks shipped and he put R&D time in figuring out how to do it so small and full featured. Not gonna throw up his guts just yet!

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I can't see that gearpage link without creating an account - could you link me to the dude?

5. He only operates out of thegearpage, you'll have to sign up :p Thats what I did hehehe

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Foiled at every turn!

Thanks for the info. :)

7. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    I can't see the image! =O