Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My D. Huff is here! Pictures!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by banjofreak, Aug 8, 2002.

1. banjofreak

banjofreak

Mar 13, 2002
    I posted a couple days back that my D. Huff bass was shipping and its here and has been thoroughly gone over, drooled over and played until my fingers bleed. This thing blows away all my expectations and I am absolutely in love with it, couldn't be happier. I have pasted the review I wrote yesterday at the bottom of this post.

Anywho, last night I took some pictures with the bass and thought I'd share (please don't laugh TOO much). I also threw in some bonus poor quality video... again, keep the laughing to a minimum.

http://www.exrayvision.com/photos/prouddaddy

Casey

"It's here, It's here!!
    I can't even begin to describe how pleased I am with this bass, it is unlike anything I have ever played. The craftsmanship is unparalleled, as is the attention to every little detail (i.e. headstock binding flows into neck binding flows into neck shim perfectly). The wood choice and woodwork is beautiful and it balances perfectly. Inlays are gorgeous, and all the finishing work is top friggin' notch. And then I plugged it in, and it only got better!!!! It sounds incredible, and versatile as hell. With a few tweeks of the beautiful Ebony knobs I was able to get a whole range of different tones and styles. And the playability is like a dream. After playing Carl Thompson's stuff, I thought I'd never find another bass I would be as pleased with and yet I have. Yes, this rivals Carl's remarkable work. The neck shape fits perfectly into my hand, the action is set up beautifully and every single fret rings out a beautifully pure note, not a single buzz or dead note in the bunch.

I will hopefully record something in the near future to give a taste of the various tones and how amazing it sounds. Wow, I really couldn't be any happier right now.

Thanks to Darrin!!!

Casey"

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I for one think that is a beautiful bass. I'd be proud too!

3. damn right!

4. Looks great - congrats!!

Jeff

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I could swear that I saw tears in that ol' Yamaha's eyes.
    Beautiful bass.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wow. That is an amazing peice of wood.

How is Darrin's fret work?

7. banjofreak

banjofreak

Mar 13, 2002
    Although the word tends to be overused, it is perfect. I went over every single fret to see if there was any uneveness, edges, gaps or anything and there is not one on the entire neck. That was one of the first things I checked out, I have had a couple instruments over the years that suffered from bad fret work and there is nothing worse.

Casey

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    very cool and unique piece of bass art

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nooooooo!

Now I need a Huff bass.

Wait, would that make you a Huffer? :D

10. Wow! :eek: That's one beautiful bass.

I can feel the GAS attack coming on.... :p

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    GAS? Huff?

So...one might say, we're Huffing GAS?

Yep, the pun mojo is working today. :D

12. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
  13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Congrats again, Casey. I've said it before, but I totally dig the look of those basses... especially the Carl Thompson-inspired scroll. Your zebra multilam is really sweet!

I can't wait to get home and check out the videos. Congrats again. One day I will own a Huff Zero-5... one day...

LOL, thanks for the Monday laugh!

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

LOL (in a good way), love the videos! The bass sounds as good as it looks. Now I got GAS pains bad. :eek:

15. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I have a slug for a home computer so i can't load the videos, I am glad to hear Casey is so happy with the bass. And thank you to everyone else that has gave it the rave reviews.

Darrin

16. Beauty, eh!!!

Congrats to the new Dad (and the creator) - looks and sounds great!

17. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    Banjo I noticed your shirt, i just got a couple in the mail, collectors items i should think. Very nice bass too, very nicely done.:cool: :D