1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My dad would have been 92 today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kesslari, Oct 22, 2010.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    He passed on 18 years ago. Today would have been his 92nd birthday.
    I found myself playing some klezmer music (plays great on a fretless bass) in his memory.
    He fought in WWII, including at the Battle of the Bulge. Like many of his generation, he was a pretty quiet guy when it came to self-expression. But he was a really good man, and I miss him.
    Don't know why, but I felt like posting about it.

2. Cosmo420

Cosmo420

Sep 10, 2010
    Roanoke, VA
    I understand. My dad died three weeks ago on October 1 (he was 71), and it still hasn't really sunk in I don't think. Seems like 10 times a day I think of something and I say "Let me call dad and ask him about this...". He was in the local hockey hall of fame, and I'm getting ready to go to a game tonight. There is going to be a memorial before the game, and they asked me to say a little something. I've practiced it maybe 20 times and I'm still having a hard time getting all the way through it.

While your dad has been gone 18 years, and mine has been gone a little more than 18 days, I bet you still miss yours as much as I miss mine.

3. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    I lost my father 3 years & 7 days ago. I miss him. A good friend told me you never get over it, you get used to it.