My dad's being shipped out to Iraq

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 10, 2004.

1., just found out. He left on deployment a few weeks ago, was suppose to go to Korea/Japan. He just got word today that his ship is leaving to Iraq monday. He flies the CH-53d helicopter, which deploys troops, hopefully he won't have to go into any hot lz zones or anything...

Anyone else know someone deployed in iraq?
  2. One of my old bandmates (a guitarist) is in afghanistan right now. He's been doing great (just made the cover of my local town paper, actually) and hopefully your dad will be safe out there.

Good luck, Mr. Mireles
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    One of my lifelong friends is there.

brad cook
  4. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    my bro has a friend over there, another friends sisters fiance just got back from there recently
  5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have cousins in the Israeli Army but thats it, but no american soldiers that I know.
  6. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    +1, I haven't heard back from Floyd in awhile.

I feel for all of you. War is the worst thing EVER. I'm sorry you all have to suffer through all of this.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  8. Best wishes to everyone who is actively serving duty both in Iraq and abroad, as well as their family and friends.

A piece of me worries for them every day.

9. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    My thoughts exactly.
  10. jakepaul1

Jun 30, 2004
    Hey Garrett,

I don't know anyone over in Iraq right now. I am a Gulf War vet and know the feeling of going into a situation like that. I have the utmost respect for your Dad and think it's awesome that he's a helo pilot. It takes a top-notch person to be able to do what he does. I'm sure you're very proud of him...

Take care,

11. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Sorry to hear this. I will direct good thoughts to him for his safe return.
  12. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    My youngest daughter has a friend being deployed there this later this month or in September. He enlisted in the Army literally right out of high school 2 years ago. Now he drives the Stryker. Their mission often puts them in hot zones. Our prayers go with him and all vets, past and present.
  13. My uncle, he is 56, was sent to southern Afghanistan to fly helicopters, if that counts.
  14. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    as an army brat myself, may god be with your family.
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    best wishes to him, and to you and your family.
  16. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I wish him luck.
  17. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    My cousin's been on alert for months now. We're all hoping that they don't call his number.

Best wishes to everyone involved, either personally or through a loved one.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Bring the boys back hoooooooome.
  19. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    My brother-in-law just got back from Iraq. He had some amazing stories and pictures - some truely sad stuff over there. Also, one of my best buddies from High School is in Afghanistan. This is his third trip over there :meh:
  20. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    my nephew who is american flies chinooks in afghanistan. hope they all get back safe