Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Daughter is writing music

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Oct 24, 2005.

1. My kid is 11, and has a little school-friend that comes over often, and last night being such an occasion, they felt like nite owls, and stayed up writing songs, way later than my sorry ass could stay awake. My kiddo banged away on her guitar (minty mini-strat), and they set forth to proclaim their place in rock.

They asked me at one point early on to help them with their lyrics. They hand me their book and a pen, and I noticed every line written contained the word "rock". That's minty. their band name is "Junior Rock Angels". So I guess they've got dibs on that, so back off, n'kay? ;)

A taste of their sweet lyrics:

It's our first time rocking
    We're gonna rock this world
    we're gonna punch up the rock
    we'll rock the galaxy until the black hole dies.

You're Goddamn right.

2. Ron? Is your daughter Wesley Willis incarnated?

See if they want to use the Pink Unicorn Horsey name.

:)

3. Sweet! :p

4. I do say that's a pretty sweet lyric.

5. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
  6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hmm... "rock" in every line. I suppose that's better than Andrew WK's use of "party" in what seems to be damn near every line.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    hey, shes better than me!

9. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    That is really cool. I hope I have kids that have an interest in music. I want to be father to the next Yo-Yo Ma.

10. Ha hahahahahaha!!!! You guys crack me up. Totally, GB, that's friggin funny. I've taught her a few power chords, and a little bit of melody, and I guess that's a good start. She bangs away on that guitar, and just has a great time.

I have a really funny Wesley Willis story for you guys. Should be on another thread, or here?

11. Aw hell, here goes.

For those who knew of the late Wesley Willis, this will crack you up.
    [​IMG]

I have a friend named Eric G. who owns a great club in Worcester, MA called the Lucky Dog Music Hall. He tries his best to get a great combo of acts, both local and national on regular basis. Alot of integrity, and passion in it.

Well, he goes ahead and books Wesley Willis to play his club.
    He also is kind enough to offer Wesley a place to stay for the night after the show. Well, needless to say the show was a gas, and the concert was a jam!

Diet Pepsi, Uh Huh.

Anyway, the show ends, cut-fade to Erick's house the next morning. Pan over to Erick's couch, Wesley is sleeping on it.

Now those in the know know Wesley was like, what, 400 pounds?

Poor couch. All I gots to say. But Wes had more to say.

Upon awakenning, and much to the chagrin of Eric, Wesley wakes up, gets up, and surveys the damage (3 of the 4 legs collapsed, as well as the "springyness" of the couch was no longer there) and smugly proclaims:

"Man, I slept the S**T outta that couch!"

We've since gotten quite alot of mileage outta that quote. :D

R.I.P. Wes.

12. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Amazing.

I'm totally stealing her song. ;)

13. Awesome. That's pretty cool that an eleven year old, especially with music being what it is today, wants to rock so bad! I'd be expecting the little'uns to have themselves a rap battle all night before they ever thought about rocking the galaxy till the blackhole died. That's awesome.

14. Right? What's better is they are doing trick or treat AS the Junior Rock Angels, and Kori (my Daughter) will be slingin her axe and a little Fender Mini Twin clipped on her belt, and they will rawk between houses.

:bassist:

15. That's the way to do it man! You have a cool daughter!

16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    has your daughter seen school of rock?

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    LMFAO dude!

"I WOOPED, BATMAN'S ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!"

18. She has, she liked it, but not Jack Black in it, much like myself.

19. Batman was gettin on my nerves...he was runnin me amok...He ridiculed me calling me a bum