My Daughter's First Concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by deeptubes, Jul 27, 2013.

1. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    My wife and I took our 2 1/2 year old, Elise, to her first concert last night - Dave Matthews Band. She loves music, singing and dancing. She regularly asks me to play a bass, so she can sing. Sometimes she likes to sit on the couch and "play" my basses. She was a little sketched out by the size of the crowd at the show. She'd never seen 20,000 people in one place before. Elise did pay particularly close attention to the stage. Didn't dance much, just wanted to see what the musicians had going on. Overall, a very good night. Can't wait to teach her how to play! Gonna be a fun ride! :D

2. Derp

Derp

May 29, 2013
    Awesome! God bless her. Shes gonna be a musician like her dad for sure :)

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Awesome first show. My daughter went to her first concert on Friday night as well- Taylor Swift. Not exactly my first choice, but she loved it and today she was picking up my acoustic guitar and messing around with it, so it was definitely a good influence.

4. Do be careful about volume. Toddlers ears can be damaged by volumes that aren't a danger to adults.

5. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Remember your own plugs as well. Went to see Skynard and Bad Co. a few weeks ago. Sure glad I took mine. Can you say - lost count of the stacks of power amps and walls of speakers. Everyone, particularly musicians, please protect your hearing! :cool:

6. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Took my daughter to her first show when she was 7 months old. We saw Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top. I was moved to the brink of tears when we were standing at the show andy boys pushed me back into my seat and climbed in my lap and sang "Simple Man." If they can take the words to that song to heart, they could live a good life. Anyway, she loved the show. She's 2 now. My older kids (10 &7) are concert vets and have seen everyone Boston, Steve Winwood, Dwight Yoakam, Iron Maiden, Tom Petty, Santana, Merle Haggard and lots more. A few months ago my two boys came up and asked "Dad, when's Iron Maiden going to be around?" I said I wasn't sure. They were in the area last year, why? They said, "Dad, we HAVE to take her to see Iron Maiden! She's almost 2 and she's NEVER seen them live! A few weeks later I found out they are going to be in Austin on Sept 10 with Megadeth. Told the boys and they asked if they could take their sister on a "date" to see the concert. Can't wait for that one.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021