Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Daugther Loves Equilibre'

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by ZuluFunk, Jun 11, 2003.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    She's 1 1/2 months old and pretty collickey.

I routinely take her for rides in the evening just to calm her down and give my wife and other daughter a break.

I found that playin equilibre' really calms her down. I crank it pretty much to drown her out at first. It may be the lack of drums that allows me to put it at higher volumes and still be soothing.

I'mm still hunting for a copy of Drastic Measures after about 3 years since my last move where I lost a bunch of music.

I anyone has a lead on one, let me know!!!

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    John. who are they ? I have a 3 month old that hates to go for drives ?

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry...Cullen and Manring, Equilibre' is the CD, Groovemasters is the label(?)

Just Bass and Acoustic guitar.

I think it's really awsome. Very organic. It really sounds like one live take per track. Not as dramatic as some of Mr. Manring's other studio stuff (Drastic Measures, Book or FLame, Thonk). Still really interesting and very listen-able.

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    THanks John, I think I'll go pick that up at Border's (if they have it...)

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Go to www.manthing.com

There's a link to order it.

6. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, guys. Maybe we should start marketing it as mellow-out music for kids!