My Day in the Studio

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Hi everyone.

Well, I got through it! I was nervous, but we banged through 5 songs in about 8 hours and are pretty happy with the results. I realized during the mixing that I forgot to correct one part where I dropped a note out, but we have the tracks, so I can fix it later. But this is good for now.

We played:

My Own Worst Enemy- Lit
    All The Small Things - Blink 182
    Hemorrhage - Fuel
    Play That Funky Music White Boy - Wild Cherry
    Drive - Incubus

I will post these on my website either later tonight or tomorrow, but for now I am heading out for a night on the town with the missus.

PS - Thanks everyone for all of your great advice! I even followed one that I got a month ago when I first mentioned the studio. It was to go into the bathroom and yell f*** it! at the top of my lungs. Boy I came out of there cracking up, I guess it worked. :D
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's great, Gabu. You gained some valuable experience, and next time you record you won't be near as nervous.
  3. When's the first CD going to be out?
  4. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Very glad to hear that it all went well for you Gabu, congrats!
  5. cool, is this gonna be like a demo to give to club owners?
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Thanks guys! Yep, it's to get us in the door at some local clubs. I also just bought a Roscoe Beck beginners Bass Video. It's pretty cool so far!
  7. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    We probably should do a CD of original material late in February. We have only done covers so far, to attract club interest. :)
  8. Just got through listening to the tunes (on your sig)... Good stuff, Gabs. Pretty solid all around, and that bassist of yours is pretty tight. I like it.
  9. See what did I tell you, no luck needed.
  10. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Nope but they had cokes, beer and pizza. :)
  11. wow. i didn't listen to any of the cuts yet (i'm at work!), but i'll check them out later. but gabe's escapade reminds me of when my first group cut a demo at a studio in september '85. we did:

1. invincible - pat benetar
    2. what about love - heart
    3. smokin' in the boys room - motley crue
    4. rock and roll all nite - kiss

no, i didn't pick out any of the tracks. i was only in the band for three months at the time, the guitarist was with us for one! but on an eight-track studio in saylorsburg, pa in about six hours, including mixing and mastering, we did pretty damn good. our soundman bought the eight-track reel and i still have my copy of the "original" cassette (cro2, real time off the two-track master reel). i had popped the tunes onto a cdr once back in '99 but it was my first time doing so, i'll have to try to "remaster" it and share the mp3s with you all sometime.