My day (schedule, and today's rig)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Paulabass, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    It's 9:22 A.M. and I'm just finishing up shielding the pink paisley P-bass, and about to set it up. Got lazy last night and watched 'A star is born' instead of working on bass.
    12:00 Load in on a big estate. Have to walk the gear around the house on the grass. Heat advisory as temps are expected to hit 100 with humidity.
    2:00 Soundcheck
    2:30 tarp the whole stage because every weather report calls for brief thunderstorms.
    4:00 un-tarp stage, and dry off as ness. Gates at 4:00
    5:00 downbeat.
    Private party max 200 people. P.A. will be an ipad mixer, 2x QSC 12.2, and one sub. 5 wedges. Host built stage:rollno: My rig will be an SVT-CL, and one 4x10. Bringing my 2 newest basses- Elite Jazz, and the paisley princess. NOT bringing an electric upright, since tonites sets are all pop/funk/disco.
    Finished at 11:00 including a few 15 minute breaks, and a one hour dinner break.
    If schedules stays like this, it will be a fine day:smug:

Forgot- at 11:00 I'm going to pull the digital mixer put in a tiny analog one, and leave the P.A. overnight, so the host can play canned tunes from a laptop.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    SWRnut, McG, ELG60 and 6 others like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Here's hoping the rain stays away...

3. Best wishes. Take some pictures to share if you remember, we'd love to hear how it all works out.

4. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Here's hoping you get paid a decent fee for all that!

Slater likes this.
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi @Paulabass,

Oh my, that's a loooooong day. I feel your pain. Take care. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Sore Thumb likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021