1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My day to day battle with 'Nitro-Tone Music/That New Sound.'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NickyBass, Sep 24, 2008.

1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    ****Update. I finally got a refund this morning, 9/26/2008.

I preordered a Danelectro '63 long scale bass in red burst on eBay.I made a payment via PayPal on April 1st. The amount, with shipping, was $369.98. April passes, May passes, June arrives and still no bass. I know that it was a pre-order and it might not have shipped from the factory to the dealer. I'm patient, but I decide to call. I was informed that the basses had some issues with the binding tape. They were going to fix them and send them out at the end of the week. Cool-I thought. I can wait another week.

A few weeks go by---nothing. I call again and they tell me that they didn't ship anything since they ran out of red burst. Ok, fine, I tell them to send a black one, which I confirmed was in stock. August comes--still nothing. I emailed them and told them I would like a refund. No response. I call, and tell them that I want a refund. I was told to send a request for payment via PayPal. No response. I emailed 3 more times. Nothing. I called 3 more times. I was told that they would sent it by the end of the day each time. Still nothing. I am calling and emailing every day. I am getting no satisfaction.

So, why do I feel like a jerk for posting the name of the store on the internet. Honestly, it would probably help others who were considering dealing with them--and save them a potential headache. Yet---I hesitated before I hit submit. Somedays I wish I was more of a jerk.

The thing is, it's a small shop and I doubt that many people have even heard of it. Surely, a negative review on a message board of this size would affect their business. It isn't my nature to be aggressive, but I feel like this store is just hoping that I'll go away.

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you paid via PayPal or a Credit Card, it's time to deal with them to get your refund. Once a place like Nitro-Tone knows you're unhappy, they don't care if you become more unhappy. Get your money back and give them negative feedback if you can.

This is why I don't pre-order anything (including non-music related items). If it's not in-stock, no money from me. IME, you're just asking to be forgotten or ignored once they have your money...

I hope you can get a refund and then buy from a reputable dealer...

3. Yup - just contest the payment, get it canceled, go somewhere else.

Or start a small claims action against them if you were careless enough not to pay with a credit card.

4. 400 US $ is a lot of money to me. anyway i think you shouldnt have a problem getting your money back thanks to paypal.

5. I just had a EBay transaction reversed via PayPal. They sent me a broken CD changer, yet claimed " it works fine. No problem. My $90 came back. Not to be jingoistic, but recent Russian immigrants still think they're back in the lawless S.U. Its the second time I got burned by that ethnicity.

Go to the PayPal resolution center and file a complaint. The seller responds, and if they cant make good, they give you the $400 back.

6. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I think you've been more than reasonable on your part. It's time to get your money back.
    They are the ones that are acting like jerks, so I wouldn't waste an ounce of guilt feeling sorry for them about posting your complaint openly. Also thanks for warning the TB community. I wish you the best in your frustrating circumstance.

7. filter

filter

Jun 7, 2003
    Atl, GA
    I ordered a G&L Trib. L-2000 they said was in stock July 20th.
    I got a refund early Sept. Get your money back.:rollno:

8. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    No, I didn't mean that $400 isn't alot to me. It is, for sure. I meant that the store should surely have the $400 to refund me.

I paid with PayPal, but I don't know if it's too late to file a dispute.

I called today, and they gave me the same run around. "I will refund it right away."

I will keep emailing and calling until I'm satisfied.

9. DO NOT keep emailing and calling. Get into dispute filing NOW.

10. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    This morning, I finally got a refund. I first asked for a refund at the begining of August, but I was given the run around about the bass being shipped for a few months before that. It was a huge headache for me, and I won't be dealing with them in the future. I don't think that they are dis-honest people---just not very good with customer relations.

11. Looks like I'm getting the same screw around from them....

12. Richard UK

Richard UK

Oct 2, 2008
    Hi guys

I am new here but have just bought Hofna icon from Nitro Tone it arrived in the UK damaged and i am having a lot of trouble contacting this company if anyone has a phone number that works i would apprieciate it or any other help.I bought it onh ebay nearly two months ago thats how long it has taken to arrive and also the run around they have given me when they do bother to answer email.many thanks

13. filter

filter

Jun 7, 2003
    Atl, GA
    This used to be a link to their store in Mass. It now says Bad Link.
    I don't know what to tell you about these jerks.

14. Richard UK

Richard UK

Oct 2, 2008
    thanks for that even the phone number they give 617 354 3010 does not answer and ebay are not sure what to do as its been over a month they have contacted me with two names Mike Sharkey was the first then when he was no help a guy called Roger Metcalfe wrote to me and he said he would sort it out fat chance of that happening.

|I have had to pay import duties and tax on this so its not worked out cheap at all, so can just return it otherwise will lose all my money.

15. NickyBass

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Nitro-Tone and That New Sound, I believe, are the same place. (Or have the same owner.) The number that I called (repeatedly) was 781-322-6500.
    The email that I had was: roger.metcalf@thatnewsound.com
    Hope it works out ok.

16. filter

filter

Jun 7, 2003
    Atl, GA
    Can you get it fixed? In this case if you like the bass that is what I would do. No its not fair to have to spend more cash but at least you would have the bass you wanted and be done with these people.

17. Richard UK

Richard UK

Oct 2, 2008
    thanks Nick for the new phone number will give that a try,I will try and get a Hofna machine head in uk but it was just the fact that these people can treast customers like this and ebay and others still let them trade thanks for your help on the gents

18. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I know of it. They have a small shop in Cambridge, MA, right near Harvard. I'm in that area quite a bit. I always thought the store owner seemed like a cool guy and the shop had a lot of unique basses (Tribute, Danelectro, weird Italian stuff), amps (Orange), and effects (lots of EH). That said, I've never bought anything there.

If any of you guys need me to pay a visit on your behalf just let me know. I'll give'em the shakedown! :ninja:

19. Thanks for that number, haven't seen that one before. It actually rang and eventually went through to an answerphone.

20. Richard UK

Richard UK

Oct 2, 2008
    Zac would appreiciate any help you can give thanks in advance