Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My delivery man stopped a robbery

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stachio, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    After an on-going battle with Dell's innefficient customer service (very long and annoying story), I was supposed to be sent a wireless card.
    After tracking the card through Airborne Express, I found that it had been signed for by a person which was neither me, my roommates, or anyone authorized by our leasing office.
    After countless hours of phone tag between Dell and Airborne, I finally get to encounter the delivery man in person.
    It turns out that he saw somebody with his hand on our doorknob. He thought that it was one of the residents on his way out, and so he let the individual sign for the card.
    I find out a few hours ago, that a man with the same last name as the guy who signed for the card was arrested last night !
    But Dell should hopefully be shipping me a new (fourth so far !) card, so there is somewhat of a lukewarm happy ending.
    Not exactly a keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat type story, but I thought I'd share.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Talking about stumbling into a crime...... there was story published in Austr a couple of years ago about some police who saw some farmers struggling to get their small tractor onto a truck. They decided to be good Samaritans and stopped to help. The next day, that tractor was reported stolen - and the police helped the thieves do it!