Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my "demo"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Feb 15, 2002.

1. well.. not really, but it's a song on the Tribute to Television, the band.. you know.. Marquee Moon?

but this song is done by the rythem guitarist as a solo project.. my father knows him. so he emailed up the chords, and he's the final product! (i think)

click here for my horrible playing

2. FF,

I am confused enough as it is without you young ones adding to my confusion. Let me try to get this straight - this is an mp3 of you playing the bass (dubbed) over music that was sent to you (pre-taped) , correct? wrong? Whatever!

Ok, here's the deal, if that's you playing the bass, I can tell you that you've done a darned good job at it. You're timing is good and you've nailed the notes right on. You're on your way to bigger and better things, FF. Good on ya!

X

3. ok.. first off, that wasn't a recording. that was me, my dad, and are drummer friend john! all the swoops that you hear, improved by me! and thanks for the comment.

oh and.. BUMP

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good job Freaky, excellent timing, good choices. I agree with Xavier, nice work!

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Cool. You are a musical family! :) My Dad plays guitar and Recorder. My Mom and a Brother play piano. Another brother plays Cello and Violin. My wife plays clarinet, and is persuing violin now.

Oh, I play bass. :p