1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Dilemma

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HaroldBishop, Dec 30, 2006.

1. T-Bird

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. L-2000

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Stingray

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  1. HaroldBishop

HaroldBishop

Jun 18, 2006
    I have succumb to the dreadful GAS and I've narrowed it down to 3 basses.

1. Gibson T-Bird
    2. G&L L-2000 (USA/Tribute)
    3. MM Stingray (HH/HS)

Im just interested in your opinions, I can get them all bar the Tribby for about $3000 AUD give or take a few $100.

I play a variety of music but primarily Rock/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, using my fingers.

I was also considering a Ric but unfortunately no one has any in stock and wont be able to get one in a while.

If its any help Ive already got a Euro Spector and a Yammy RBX260 and I'd like to get a bit of variety.

2. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    get the bird!!! if they made lefties, i'd have one myself

3. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    MM is pretty much the classic rock bass. Nice and aggressive sounding. I'm sure I'll get my ghetto pass revoked, but I have yet to find a G&L that did much for me. Ditto on the T-bird.

4. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    For me, it would be a close run between the Stingray and the G&L. I've heard a lot of good things about the G&L, and because of the electronics and pickups, I voted G&L above. But the Stingrays I've played have been great instruments. My only concern with the Stingray is the lack of sound possibilities, but on the other hand... if you're after the Stingray sound, there's no better choice.

So it's basically down to what you're looking for. And you should definately try them all out and pick the best one / the one that does most for you.

I didn't vote for the T-bird because it's never done anything at all for me. I simply don't like it at all. :)

Good luck!

5. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    i have a jazz, ray and a p bass, and frankly, the p is my favorite. i'd either wait for that ricky or go for something that isn't the ray. they sound fake.

6. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    L 2000

No contest.

7. steve21

steve21 Banned

Stingray.

No contest.

8. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    Get all three and just decide which order you want them in. I'd get the T-Bird first, citing curiosity. If I could only have one, I'd get the 'Ray.

9. Two pickup Stingray

10. HaroldBishop

HaroldBishop

Jun 18, 2006
    Thanks for your opinions, but now im also GASing for a Jaguar xD

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The poll doesn't lie, Stingray :)