1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My DIY pedal board !

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dark Horse, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yesterday I built a wood and black 24"x12" pedal board. Today I thought I'd build one in black with chrome trim. I think the black and chrome looks cool. :)

blk1.png

blk2.png

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Looks a bit like an oven pan, like a cookie sheet you know?

3. Any pics of the other one? What purpose do the chrome caps serve?

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The caps cover the area where the feet are attached, so it looks nice and clean. Heres the one I built yesterday. :)

PB1.png

PB2.png

5. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    IKEA makes pedal boards?

j/k...

6. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Actually it looks like a nice job to me...I think the chrome trim is cool...If you are interested in a couple of modification suggestions:

1. I think I would have angled it so it's higher in the back...and raised the back enough so I could mount a Voodoo Lab PS (or similar) under. You might be able to do this by just removing the front feet.
    2. maybe cut a narrow route above the PS cable outlet feeds, so you can route them through the board and to the pedals above (possibly put the route towards the middle of the board so it could reach all the pedals).

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Nice looking boards. My only personal gripe would be that I've come to like the pedals at the front of my board as close to the ground as possible.

8. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Very nice! I especially like the chrome-rimmed one.

The discs on top of the board might interfere with available pedal real-estate, but the design aesthetic is far beyond most boards!

9. TMacATK

TMacATK

Jul 9, 2008
    Davis, CA
    :D My thoughts exactly!

10. Looks Great! I'd buy one. :cool:

11. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I think they look really nice. You obviously know your way around a wood shop. I would love to see some pics with pedals mounted.

12. They look pretty good. Also, when your done at the gig, you could use it to serve up some Tea and Biscuits on!

13. Jokes aside, yes, IKEA does make pedal boards. Or rather, they sell shelves that can easily be turned into a pedal board if you're somewhat handy. I've seen a few examples of people using Gorm shelves like this one:

16710_PE100983_S4.jpg

to house their effect pedals. I've even considered it myself too. Maybe some day.

14. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    Why does that look like a pallet you could swipe from a warehouse?

15. That's pretty much the Ikea style....Utilitarian to the max.

16. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    16703_PE100976_S4.jpg

2 of these together make a tidy little footprint.

I just bought 2 in the 'as is' section at Ikea.

Same price as one of the smaller Gorm Shelves.

I'm gonna have an NYC Bassballs, EHX BMS, Pigtronix Disnortion and EP-1 eventually w. expression, Line 6 DL4 w. expression, and eventually my big old vintage EHX polyphase.

My tuner and hopefully a big digital alarm clock might fit.

I may need to brace it cause I'm a big guy, and I will likely want to put a heavy duty finish on it.

Ideas?

17. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    I see nothing...

18. Wasted Bassist

Wasted Bassist

Nov 11, 2008
    Fargo, ND
    That's because this thread is almost decayed enough to be a zombie thread. Silly people.

19. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    I can see it.

20. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Holy necro posting, Batman!

But that Ikea shelf thing is a pretty good idea. I wonder how much foot force those shelves can hold. Probably a good idea to put a support beam across the middle.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021