1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My dog and I survived Friday the 13th.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, May 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    My dog and I were going for a walk near the scenic Crystal Lake Park when some crazy guy came at us with a machete! Thanks to my brave pup, we both survived the encounter and he bought us enough time to escape. While I was left unscathed, Max was left mostly intact. He's still recuperating if only a little deflated.

13249346_10156905926215203_1582775232_n.

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

A day in the life!

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Oh yeah.

I feel sorta bad for him and the 'big snip' but he took it like a champ. I picked him up Friday afternoon after he castrated and was kinda pissed that they didn't give him a cone of shame. According to the vet, they only put on the cone if the dog is in pain and trying to lick it and Max didn't even care that they took his nuts.

Hopefully this is all for the better. Max wasn't allowed back at doggie daycare until he got fixed and hopefully it'll stop other dogs from being aggressive with him. It sucks when other people's pets attack mine, and he gets blamed for being a pit. :\

4. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung What would Fred Rogers do? Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    Two of the 4 sweetest dogs I've ever known were Pits...the other two (the two I lived with for a combined 17 years) were Shepards.
    Later this year, when our daughter and her family move home from living in Oz for the past decade, I'm off to the pound to rescue a Shepard!
    Life is simply better with a dog. :thumbsup:

GeneralElectric likes this.
  5. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    He's not shy about showing off.

6. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Lineā„¢ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    and to think all I experienced was a gun toting crazy guy trying to run security at the Fed building in Seattle. Five minutes earlier for my appointment and I'd have been right next to him at the body scanner, and who knows what could have happened had there been more than just him and three security types to flatten him

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Wait, what?

I guess they could cut his balls off too.

47th Street likes this.