Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My dog broke my nose

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Jan 10, 2004.

1. So I was going to take my dog on a walk, and when you say the word walk she freaks out and jumps around in excitement. Well I was leaning over to put her leash on and BAM! She jumps up and hits the bridge of my nose HARD with her head. I was floored with blood gushing out of my nose, and my mom took a look and it was slighty crooked. That is the last time I get near the dog after saying walk...

2. Ouch...thats why after I say the word "walk" around my dog, I make her calm down and sit BEFORE putting the leash on.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That sucks. Almost happened to me with my friends dog once. Its forehead caught me in the eye.

4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I'm sorry, but thats just too funny.

Sucks that your nose got broken, but funny because I can 100% imagine my dog doing that to me. :)

5. Sorry to hear that.

PIX PIX !! :D

6. I hate getting hit in the bridge.

7. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    i wish i had a dog

8. funny, when i try to walk my ferret he runs and hides. he doesnt like his leash :p

9. My cats have never broken a bone on me. Yet another reason that dogs aren't man's best friend.

Get over the hype :) Cats are better/easier pets.

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    My rottweiler has been kicking my ass lately too. Sometimes after the lady heads to work, he will climb in bed with me. 2 weeks ago he planted a paw in my back, and stood up, his claws opened up 2 long scrapes/cuts across my back, about 10" long, 140 pounds of dog can do some damage, and wake you up in a hurry.

Last week, when wrestling him, he somehow managed to step on my right eye, leave a small cut, bruise, and partially blacken it.

Dogs rule :D

11. fixed it for you :smug:

12. Cats clean themselves. Ferrets smell like poo :)

Always haha :D

My gecko is the best pet possible. Scares people and is the easiest thing to take care of.

13. nah, i think mudflaps' pet log harris beats us both.

but ferrets are still cooler :smug:

14. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Crikey, is the dog OK?

Just joshin.........

15. HAHA!

16. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yeah, with their tongues! Eww...

:p

17. Damn Tim! That dog has gotten big and fast! We need some more pic of him. My cat has gotten pretty big too since we've had him.

18. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Does your ferret have a harness?

Mine used to and we hooked the harness onto a lead then looped the lead around the washing line (goes from bottom of garden to top) and sent it down like a zip line. It seemed to like it.

19. yeah he has a harness. he actually doesnt mind it, but he likes to lead and decide where to go (read: under and through things i dont fit through!) :smug:

ill get pics of it later

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I have 2 dogs, this was Tucker the rottweiler, Sammy is still only 14 pounds. I'm pretty sure it is impossible for a 10 week old pup to weigh 140.