I got a call from my mom back home this morning. She found my dog unconscious in the backyard this morning. When she took her to the vet, they found a large tumor growing on her lungs. She's so old that it's almost certain that if they operate, she'll die. But if they don't operate, she'll die in 2 days. She had been sick the last few days, but it seems they never found the tumor. They just thought she was a bit anemic. Now I'm 200 miles away, without the opportunity to drive home due to lack of funds and assignments getting in the way. Now my parents have to decide if they operate, and possibly kill her now, or wait until she dies naturally. Or they may just put her down. I don't think we have the money to operate anyway. This sucks.