Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My DP Custom Pics!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by decadence, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Here is the first pic I've gotten so far.

Specs are: 4 string, mahogany body, wenge neck, bubinga fingerboard.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ..Wht kinda electronics/hardware are you gonna have put on it?

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    nice bass. caugh caugh...spector..caugh caugh. Very original, NOT. Just kidding around thats a pretty sweet bass, good luck with it.

4. Gonna have an ABM bridge, Schaller Tuners, Dunlop straplocks, Bartolini 8SU pickups, and some TI Flatwounds.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Not bad. Gonna go with a Piezo AMB? or just a straight ahead bridge?

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Actually, it's more of a Zon Sonus shape. I like it! I thought he only did his own original body shape. Is there an upcharge for models like that?

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Only if for some reason it costs him to build a specific body shape (as far as I know)

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yeah, that looks much more like a Sonus than a Spector. Matter of fact, it looks nothing like a Spector to me.

9. Just a standard ABM, Brendan.

And, I don't think it cost any more for the custom body shape.

10. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Nice bass, decadence.

I like the shape - looks very smooth to me. Good luck and congratulations. Good choice with the Barts too.

11. Here's a pic with the bubinga fingerboard attached...

12. And here's a back view of it...

13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

dec - Nice, clean, lines on the body. Doesn't copy anything strongly I can think of. I like that!

Probably due to Dave's digital camera and my monitor, the woods are a bit of a mystery to me.

Ash body? walnut neck? and what kind of fretboard???

What's next???

14. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I'd say a cross between a Sonus and a Dean Razor.

Sweet look.

15. It's a mahogany body with a wenge neck, and a bubinga fingerboard...It's going to be stained dark red.

16. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    awesome bass. Any new pics???

17. Not yet :)
    Heh, I'm waiting too :p

18. I just looked at the DP custom site and OMG! That cheep for a CUSTOM bass? Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe instead of paying practicly the same amount for a new namebrand bass, I'll just get one of these. The only thing I don't like is that he won't color them. I really don't like the wood look, I like clear colors so you can see the wood but it still has a color like green or something.

19. Actually SpankBass, I think he'll do some transparent staining. I was going to have him build me a custom with a figured maple top and a finish similar so the Spector black cherry finish, only with green instead. He didn't ever tell me that it was something he flat out wouldn't do. I think he's mainly just against putting a full paint coat on. I could be wrong. Can anyone clear this up?

20. Ohh, well if that is the case then I may goto him for a 5 string.
    Another bad thing is that I don't know what the hell im doing (I've only been playing for like 9 months) and I wouldn't know what to ask for to get the sound that i'm going for (a deep growling rock and or roll sound).