Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My DP Custom So Far........Awesome!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bbob24, Mar 13, 2003.

1. bbob24

bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Hi Guys, It's been a while since I've posted on here, work always seems to get in the way of my internet play. Anyway, Dave sent me some in progress pics of my bass and I thought I would post them here for all to enjoy.

2. bbob24

bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
  3. RobOtto

RobOtto

Aug 15, 2002
    Denton, TX
    Looks good, but what is up with those two shortscale 6 string basses on the photo page....:spit:

I still hope to own a DP custom some day.

4. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Dave is a great guy, very helpful. Back when I was considering having him build me a bass (only reason I didn't was the funds disapeared), he replied very promptly to all of my emails. He is a great guy.

5. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    indeed. *cough!*guitars*cough!* :spit:

6. bbob24

bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Funny!!! I sometimes like to practice on those short scale 6 stringers......they can be fun sometimes!!!

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Whats funny is, I can't write a riff on bass.

I write riffs on Guitar,
    I write LINES on Bass.

8. That's the nicest looking DP thus far, when will it be finished?

9. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    when are you expecting to receive that bass ? Mine should be here around May I think, tho I have yet to receive any pictures or news from Dave. I suppose no news is good news...

Looks good.

10. bbob24

bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    I'm hoping that I'll have it in a couple weeks. When he sent me these he was in the process of applying the poly finish.

I'm really looking forward to the finished product, I placed my original order back in July, so it's been a while, but I'm not in any hurry.

I can't say enough about how great it's been dealing with Dave, every question I send him gets a reply usually by the next day. I'm already planning on having him build me one of them there short scale 6 stringers in the near future.

11. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    That is one beautiful bass!
    Incidently what sort of pickups/electronics are to be installed in it?

12. bbob24

bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    I choose the simplest of electronics, passive Bartolini 59L1 pickups with volume/tine/pan knobs. The simpler the beter in my opinion.

Also all the hardware will be black.

13. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Dave is good to work with. He responds promptly to questions and he is pretty patient if you ask me; I have changed nearly every aspect of my bass with the exception of the number of strings at least once.

14. bbob24

bbob24

May 23, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa
    I've done the same Don. And everytime I e-mailed Dave about something, or making a change he always responded quickly and usually the ansewer was "no problem"

And aside from being great to deal with you just can't beat the prices he has......

I'm really excited about getting mine!!!!

15. Although I'm not a big fan of scrolls, the top on that bass is a wonderful example of bookmatching and spalt all at once. IMO it rivals the bestlooking high-end custom bass tops that I have seen - and there are lots of those here on TB!

Nice one! :cool:

16. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I have read many posts here from people with his basses and it seems that his quality is on a climb.

Many of the lastest reveiws highly praise his craftsmenship.

One of my students ordered a bass from him after I did...So I hope they turn out well...

I'm trying not to think about it too often.