my DPCustom is done...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Nov 22, 2001.

1. the czech spector? how are they? i've only played the cheaper ones.. is the string spacing narrow like on the korean ones?

2. l0rD vAdEr

l0rD vAdEr

Nov 25, 2001
    I checked out your bass, and have been reading all the hubub. I think the bass looks less streamlined than some I have seen, but most bass players are too into the "look" of their bass anyway. I'll bet it has crazy sustain and that the low "b" thumps!! good job on taking the initiative to get your own bass constructed, and educate yourself further at the same time. What band are you in, and in what city. Post a link to some music featuring your new bass when you get a chance.
    btw, how heavy is it? (in lbs.)

Long Live the Empire!

your pal,

dArTh.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Re: the upper horn. By "larger" do you mean "longer"? It really isn't very long from what I can compare - most well-balanced basses I've seen the upper horn extends to at least the 12th fret.

4. i tried to not exactly copy the 2 basses i used to design the instrument. it's a little wider in the horn, not longer. like i said, i learned a lot from this..

5. Funkingus - At least you have yours!!!

My parts have just been collecting dust for a few weeks!

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I missed it the first time too! Bad boy, Angus, bad!!!!! :D :D :D

7. lol!

patience, Rick!

As for the Spector I think the string spacing is the same as on the Korean models, but I'm not 100% sure of that. A true Spector nut like Nino, RAM, or Mr. Dead could probably give you a more concrete answer on that one. I have to say, at first I thought the spacing was a little tight, but now I think it's great for fingerstyle. Furthermore, it cleaned up my (still messy and very underdeveloped) slap technique a bit.

8. hey fukingus,
    maybe you should have shaped it like a jazz or a precision then everyone would be happy. now you know, so next time you can buy what they want.

BTW I went to your band's website and downloaded a bunch of songs. man those are cool tunes! thats some crazy stuff, I've been listening to it a lot lately. I hope you guys become HUGE!!!

9. l0rD vAdEr

l0rD vAdEr

Nov 25, 2001
    what is the url, i can't find it in the posts.
    What is the band called?
    When are you recording with the dpcustom.

love

dArTh

10. to vader: nice photo.. the band is called "ir" (pronounced ear). it means "to go" in spanish. it's one of the most common used verbs in the spanish language.. here is the web address..
    www.metamorph.cc/ir
    this was all recorded with my Am. Fender Jazz V, i will use my DPcustom at a gig on dec 8th. i'll post a review after that..

11. guest

Nov 14, 2001
    splendid music ..... !!

12. dave just gave me confirmation.. the bass will be shipping tomorrow. i'll get a review to you all soon. thanks for all the comments..

13. l0rD vAdEr

l0rD vAdEr

Nov 25, 2001
    that music sounds good. You guys seem exeptionally talented. The singer has a great voice. I especially like "mystery school theme" on the cd and "jawbreaker" from the live stuff. You guys sound like you put on a great show. The live stuff has a lot of energy, and the vocalist seems to nail it better than the recorded stuff.
    Congrats dude, keep it up.

Love

dArTh vAdEr

14. l0rD vAdEr

l0rD vAdEr

Nov 25, 2001
    ir ROCKS!!! i'm hooked, fukingus. I ordered a cd.
    I noticed you have a song called "Boba Fett". A word to the wise: don't ever hire that guy.
    Again, congrats. I live in l.a., so next time i'm in san diego i'll check out a show.

dArTh vAdEr