1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Dream Amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JonathanD, Aug 11, 2007.

1. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I can't find an amp with everything I want in it, so I thought I would post what I want and maybe there is one out there.

I want 2 preamp channels. #1 would be a clean eden 550 tone #2 a Dirty SVT sound.
    I also want a defeat able effects loop, 3 band para EQ on each channel, 6 dB boost, Headphone out with volume control, Di (no post/pre problem)

I would want a footpedal option for mute, 6dBboost, effects defeat, and channel switching.

Output would have to be stereo down to 2 ohms. 1000 watts a side @ 2ohms would be plenty if it was rated like Eden and not like ampeg(ampegs I have had in the past don't cut it volume wise...Svt4Pro, B4R, Svt6, Svt5, Svt3)

I know it doesn't exist. I don't want to have 2 rigs so I am using a 550 for clean and a line6 for dirt. The line6 gives me all those options, I just wish a head had them.

Oh yes, and under 30 Lbs would be a must.
    Jonathan

2. Sounds like an awesome setup.

Mine would be a two channel all-tube head. More or less, I'd rip off the inner works of an old SkunkWorks SVT, getting 300 watts out of the tubes, but I'd swap out the transformer and a handful of other parts for more effecient ones, dropping the weight a little.

The Front Face would consist of Passive and Padded inputs, Pre-Gain, a Channel Select (also done by footswitch), each channel with gain control, a Parametric 4 band EQ (cocentric knobs), and then a selectable Graphic EQ that would defeate the Parametric EQ settings, Resonance and Range controls, and a Master control.

On the back just the DI, Effects loop, Headphone out, and an out for the footswitch. The footswitch would have: Channel One Select, Channel Two Select, 6dB Boost, and Mute.

That ontop of a Berg. NV610 and an NV215. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

3. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Very nice.
    I have only played one tube head... an SVT-CL. And while it was amazing, I will have to say its not worth carrying. If I ever have roadies I will be sure to have 2 tube heads.

Also I have never played a Berg, maybe someday one will wonder close to me.
    Jonathan