Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My dream bass! (Am I crazy???)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Here it is!! "The Nick Patterson signature model"...see pic...

Specs.
    EB-O pickup (neck)
    P-bass pickup (middle)
    stingray (bridge)
    on/off switchs for each pickup
    Controls: vol (pbass) vol(stingray) tone (pbass/stingray) EB-O has no vol, just the on and off switch.
    2 output jacks, one for EB-O pickup and one for pbass and stingray pickups
    well, there is my dream bass! (well, if it were my dream bass all this would be on a 70's P-bass, not an essex.)

sorry for the bad picture editing, I only used MS paint!

:bassist:

2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    creative

3. BassJaro

BassJaro

Jul 30, 2003
    yeah, you ARE crazy !! :D
    it's pretty hideous, but i guess that's just my aversion to P basses. i hate 'em, really

4. moyo

moyo

Aug 1, 2003
    :meh: i dont like anything of it

5. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Awesome.

you're crazy, but without crazy people there would be no normal people, there'd just be people.

I think you should add a couple of J pickups in the spaces between, just for the hell of it. :p

What I'd do though, is either have a volume slider for each pickup, or 2 pots, one that pans between the bridge and middle, and one that pans between the neck and the other 2. but whatever floats your boat may not float mine, so I still dig it.

Ebay awaits you.......godspeed.

6. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    preach it brother, i kid im just not a p bass person either but from what i see sounds like it could make some good music

7. If I had the extra cash lying around, this is what I'd do.

1 P Pickup
    2 J Pickups
    1 Stingray Pickup

Have a switch for each pickup to turn it either on or off. Somehow make the body, get a nice Wenge/Bubinga(??) neck and fingerboard. :):) Thats my idea...its wacked, yes, but an idea none_the_less

8. BassJaro

BassJaro

Jul 30, 2003
    don't doubt that, especially with that MM pickup! i was only talking about the looks, which.......kinda suck IMO

9. That would nail EVERY tone!

Do it anyways.:p

10. I dont care if you guy think I'm crazy, and I'm actully thinking of doing it. just buy and essex, and build it from there, buying the parts as the money comes in. first I'll buy the EB-O pickup from bass parts resorce, then a cheap stingray pickup (upgradable to better when the time comes)
    I like it cause I could go from nice punchy "standard bass tone" (P-bass and stingray pups) then with the flick of a switch go to DUB CITY!!! (EB-O pup), it would be great!...I always loved the idea of the 2 outputs (billy sheehan)
    and for those who say it would look ugly, it might, but I think it would look better when it's made, not just in some cappy pic editing job.

11. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I like it.

It looks like it would have great sustain:D

12. It looks like a pawnshop owner's nightmare!

13. I understand you like the 2 input jacks and all, but an easier way instead of moving the cable around would be to have a switch for EACH pickup and just turn them on and off as you please. ~ Tyler

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont like it, and i would put a Badass bridge on it or something.

15. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I think its a great idea, but I'd definitly go with a Badass bridge and a pickup selector switch.

16. It does have switches for each pickup, on the fender jaguar switch plate:)

17. Then why would you need the 2 input jacks?

18. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Ugly. :p

But there would be many sounds to choose from.
    Do it and then report back. :)

19. see, one output is for the P and stingray pups, and the other is for the EB-O pickup, so I can send it to another amp or amp channel. Like have the P/stingray going into a clean amp, and and maybe the EBO into a distorded amp (for that fat farting sound) I think it would be cool.

Oh, and anybody who doesn't know what the EBO pickup looks like...here it is... pickup