1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Dream Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NoiseNinja, Jan 8, 2017.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    So here it is!

I used the form on Halo Custom Guitars, Custom Basses, Custom Shop & Build-to-Order to create my dream bass, and not only my dream bass:

The Dream Bass!!!

They already got the shape ready for me, so I just filled in the specifications and uploaded my own art, which in fact is my own art, as decoration for the body.

And behold, here it is:

153ny4y.
    The Dream Bass!

Only thing I am not too satisfied with is that they didn't have the option for making a 28,6" scale length bass, so had to go with 30".

And then of course the price: $ 2809, probably a bit more with a couple of extra features added I would describe in the special instruction field.

Not likely I will get that kind of money to spend on a bass in the near future.

But I guess I can always dream drool ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    wmmj and Swift016 like this.
  2. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    That's veeeery pointy. I play sitting sometimes and my leg hurts just seeing that body.

Amazing look though, keep coming back to the word "rad"!

mrb327 and NoiseNinja like this.
  3. NoiseNinja

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    It definitely is pointy and as I do enjoy sitting down when practicing as well as when recording, this bass would probably not get much play time.

But you are right, it looks way cool, and even did so before I put my art on it to, so to speak, put the icing on the cake.

Surprised myself on how well that digitally manipulated 2 mega pixel photo of tree tops in the twilight turned out as decoration.

Really look like I made it with that bass in mind, if I have to say so myself :p

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Remyd likes this.
  4. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    I'd have to do more than just dots on the neck though

5. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    You may need a permit to play that in some states.

MYLOWFREQ and NoiseNinja like this.
  6. Ninevolt

Ninevolt

Nov 26, 2015
    I love the headstock, the body looks sculpted, the colors! Oh the colors. where to begin? A piece or art! And.... it has a space invaders bar!

Very cool rig!

How does it sound with the pickup config?

NoiseNinja likes this.
  7. NoiseNinja

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Thank you :)

And I wish I knew that.

As I stated this is a dream bass, and as for now it only exist in my imagination and on that picture.

It would cost me 2800 + $ to have it made, so not something that is going to happen in the near future.

If someday I have money enough and I feel I can spare 2800$ on a bass, I will definitely have it made though.

Here's the original artwork by the way:

52driq.

It all started with a picture taken by me of tree tops in the twilight with a 2 mega pixel cell phone camera, and then I manipulated it digitally by using various paint programs, techniques and filters as well as running it through an advanced Deep Dream generator pairing it with other of my graphic pieces.

8. thedovewarlord

thedovewarlord

Dec 29, 2010
    NY
    Pretty darn cool. I love the beveling, very interesting and also taking a natural photo and processing it to a pattern and going for it. The only thing is, give it some love and play it.

NoiseNinja likes this.
  9. NoiseNinja

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Thank you :thumbsup:

I wish I could play it....

And I am sure I would love it too....

The problem though is I need 2800$+ and a lot of waiting time in order to ever be able to.

Not likely I have get that kind of money to spare anywhere in the near future.

For now it is really literary a dream bass.

10. thedovewarlord

thedovewarlord

Dec 29, 2010
    NY
    Hey @NoiseNinja. Be patient, sock away the dough in a coffee can and meanwhile practice and play as much as you can. Good luck

NoiseNinja likes this.
  11. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Honestly, for all that custom work the price is outstanding!

The only thing I see a problem with is the strap button placement...both of them. Might make the bass hang funny.

Other than that, not my style personally but beautiful and original ideas! Impressive!

Here's hoping for an NBD thread about the real thing sometime soon.

NoiseNinja likes this.
  12. It certainly looks dramatic. If you want it, get saving and make it happen!

NoiseNinja likes this.