Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Dream Concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm pretty sure this will never happen, hence the title of the thread, but this would be AWEOME!!!!!!!

Megadteh (w/Ellifson) & Metallica doubled billed, both bands doing full sets. After both bands play, James, Dave, Dave & Lars come out & play as much early Metallica that Mustaine has credit on Metallica albums (Kill & Ride) :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: Dave can sing the Early Kill Metallica better that James so Dave can sing.

Then Anthrax comes on to play a set & blow them both away. :)

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!!!!! :bawl: :bawl:

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    that would rock lots, man...

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I am going to see Dio and antrax end of this month :D

later scorpions :D

and few other things i am going to see but i dont remeber what :D

4. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Freaking awesome!!! Drop in a guest appearance by Maiden and you can shoot me after the concert, 'cause I'll be ready to go. :D

5. My dream concert.

Tool opening for Primus, and headlining would be Frank Zappa.

And they'd all play full length sets.

And then during the Zappa set, members of Primus and Tool would sit in on some Zappa tunes.

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Then have Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones helicoptered in for a Super-Surprise rendition of Led Zeppelin's hits.

Then close the evening with everyone performing Bohemian Rhapsody.

7. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Twould have to be Rage Headlining an 2 day festival featuring Tool Primus Incubus Deftones on one day and Pink Floyd(The Wall) Zep Hendrix The Police and Cream on the other oh and

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

moved to misc.

9. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I'd love to see Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden triple headline a show with Anthrax and eXodus (since this is a dream let's make it Belladonna (sp?) and Baloff era respectively) as the openers.

10. well...mine would have to be
    1: joe satriani, me :D , chad smith and eric cadeoux
    2: vail johnson, me :D , brain, kenny g and george benson
    and lastly
    3: Jimmy Page, me :D , chris layton, chris cornell
    i think that would blow me away :D

11. Ive seen Zappa play 5 times the last was in 81 or 82 during the whole Rykodisk "Sleepdirt" fiasco. He was trying to finish out the contract that he was stuck to and the concert stank out loud. Zappa came out on stage facing the rear of the arena and did not face the crowd or say anything all night. All he did was tune his guitar over and over again in the middel of every song. He was obviously pissed off But I lost respect for him for taking it out on his fans.

But my dream concert would be: Britney, Justin, Nsync, Backdoorboys, Jblow and Maddona all drinking some Jim Jones koolaid together right on stage....Before they preformed of course. Now that would be a show!!!!

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I saw Anthrax with about 30 other people in my local club a couple of years ago. How amazing was it... Indubitably.

My concert would be:

Refused and a reformed Evil Empire era Rage double headling with full sets each.

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I would love to see that concert.

My dream festival (1 full day)

Clutch- 2 hours
    Opeth - 2 hours
    Rush - 2 hours
    Tool/Mastodon/The Mars Volta/Muse - 1 hour quick set apeice
    Black Sabbath with Rasputina playing strings and singing back-up vocals - 3 hours

Total Concert Time - 13 hours of pure bliss for my earholes.

Set that concert up and I'll give you all the money in the Safe/Petty Cash at the business I work at. :D

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Damn, I never remember my dreams... But, if I did, I'm sure that concert would've been one of them.

15. I would have Queensryche opening for Dream Theater and Iron Maiden headlining

16. Fear Factory, Opeth and Meshuggah all play really really really really long sets. Nevermore can open :)

17. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    If I had a concert with Metallica, and Megadeth, thats EXACTLY what it would be like. How do you know Dave can sing better than James, I want to hear this...

I would probably go to the Wakken festival thing to see metal bands...

...but a dream concert:

Metallica (old stuff), Megadeth (mostly old stuff), Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Opeth, Amon Amarth, Joe Satriani, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Children of Bodom, Dio, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames (Old stuff), Metal Church, Nightwish, Pantera, Hendrix, Deep Purple, Rush, Dokken, Black Label Society, Yngwie Malmsteen, Queensryche, Led Zeppelin...Theres more, but I can't think of them right now.

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The vocals from "Kill 'Em All" sound nothng like how James is singing today. Daves vocal style is better suited for the "Kill 'Em All" songs. :)

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dropkick Murphys opening for Flogging Molly in Dublin on St. Patricks Day.

None would survive.

20. I know Yo La Tengo did some shows with Pere Ubu in Scotland a couple of years ago, and that almost made me buy a plane ticket. I definitely would have had, if The Pastels and Luna were added to the set (and maybe also The Residents). There are few better bands around.

Not very metal, as most posted above, though.