1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My dream travel bass-- turbocharged lefty Mikro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alaskaleftybass, Jun 17, 2017.

1. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I play PCH all the time and this month they informed me that I am on the SHORT list of winners and even asked for directions to my house! So be nice and I might remember you when I win! :laugh:

If I won I would love to have a special travel bass built just for me. It would be as follows:

Ibanez Mikro Lefty Extreme.

Very shaped and extremely streamlined mahogany stained body. Thin shaped body profile.
    The body would have to resemble the SR500 that I currently love and play. It's so curved, light, and balanced perfectly.
    5 piece Jabota/Bubinga neck with Rosewood fingerboard. Identical to the Mikro neck in profile.

Here's where I'm unsure. Geezer Butler pickups converted to active or non active?
    Bartolini soapbars with active electronics like on my SR500? But no switches!!! Ok, maybe one small one to bypass active.
    Or????

I would have a deluxe leather gig bag for it. This would be my hop in the car and go jam baby. Or sit in my recliner and strum while watching TV. But I would want it to be high quality components and equal to its bigger brother, a lefty SR500 my wife bought me in 2010. The SR500L has been so good to me since 2010. I love the heck out of it. I like that it doesn't have the pickup switch on it.

BTW I'm actually not kidding. This would be a bass I would love to own if I could build it or afford to have it built.

So what say ye brothers in bass? Do you have a similar dream or suggestions for my dream build so when that cute lady brings me my 10 million? Ha ha. Thanks for playing along! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017