1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My drummer needs a monitor but also want's a combo amp. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by unity bass, Mar 29, 2009.

1. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    My drummer needs a powered monitor for our live performances but also want's a combo amp for his son to practice guitar through or his daughter to practice singing through.

I'm wondering if he can pick up a used 75 watt Peavey 1x12 or 1x15 combo amp that will fill all three needs. I know it won't do as well as three separate rigs would.

Does anyone have experience with asking their rig to perform double duty? What are you using?

His budget is about $200 for something used. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input,

Chad

2. Look for an old Peavey KB series keyboard amp. It will have the range to cover all the uses he has, and will have multiple inputs. Roland keyboard amps would also be a good choice.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 for a keyboard amp. They're full range, usually have several channels, and at least one of the channels will have a balanced XLR input. Presto. The Roland KC350 would be ideal, around 500 new. Used, you'll find a deal.

4. OtterOnBass

OtterOnBass

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    How about a father/son project? Check out BillFitzmaurice's Wedgehorn10.