Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my dumb ass bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    k, i have had my bass 4 8 months and the nut/bridge i dunno which the one by the head has snapped on the bit that holds the e string in. what shall i do? any comments will be gladly recieved.

2. W.J.

W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    I posted almost the same tread a few weeks ago .
    the overall advise was to take it to a repairshop .

If you are a toolman you can try to make a new one can't hurt your bass if the plastic nut wasn't that good build
    after all , but hey , I would't know how to start something like that

3. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    but coz i only had it 4 8 months can i do something with the shop like getta new bass, or a nut maybe?

4. W.J.

W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    Then you normaly have warranty ( 1 year not? ) . it should be on your papers or coupon or something . If so they will, let us hope so, do the rest .

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    If you've had your bass 48 months, I doubt there's any warranty left... ;)

A cracked nut (the little plastic thing that holds the strings at the headstock, right?) is easy to change. Music store people should (unless they're idiots) change it for you at no charge, if you buy the nut from them. A new nut is a minor cost. Changing it takes like five minutes.

6. W.J.

W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    sorry , your right I tought it was FOR 8 months

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    And that's probably what Fishbrain meant, I just couldn't help myself. :) Who on earth would say 48 months and not 4 years?