1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My dumb Warmoth question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PeaveyPlayer, Apr 19, 2015.

1. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I maybe looking to build my first warmoth fretless bass... do you receive all the parts and put it together yourself or do they put it together for you?

2. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    You put it together yourself, or have someone you know do it for you.

3. n1as

n1as

Mar 29, 2013
    I've bought unfinished necks from them, finished them myself and built my own bodies from scratch.

I've also bought finished necks and bodies and just assembled them myself.

4. You have to assemble it and it's a bit more than just turning a screw driver. For example they will not drill holes for the tuner screws so you have to do that yourself. Personally I would reccomend doing as much as you feel comfortable with because putting it all together is a fun part of going warmoth. And if there's something your not comfortable with pay a little and have someone in the area with a decent reputation to do the rest. I don't know what skills you have but I'd also add that if you can finish the body yourself you can save a nice chunk of money.

5. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh

Apr 16, 2001
    ICT
    I assembled a Warmoth 5 Jazz a few years ago; a lot of fun, and learned a fair amount about how to solder/wire J PUs. Just know that they are not in the business of tutoring you how to assemble the bass, and those kind of emails to them will largely go un-answered, which is fair enough. If you have a question about the build, Google/YouTube/TB Luthier's Corner is your friend. :) Enjoy!

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    You might also keep an eye on the classifieds here. Warmoth parts show up fairly often, and are already drilled/loaded.

7. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Order it with the nut installed. That will certainly make life easier. Everything else is DIY.

8. It's fun to build a guitar or bass from Warmoth parts.
    I built 2 guitars that way.
    Everything is very simple to do, but be careful!
    Do it slowly, think about every step - and use the help of tons of youtube videos showing how to install the neck, the tuners etc.