Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My e-mail is back up!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Jun 5, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Geez, imagine that, in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. It's taken SBC about three weeks to address this issue, seems they couldn't respond well to a change in my network configuration. Then they sent me a disk with all that Yahoo stuff on it, and ever since then I've been trying to repair my home network. Turns out the Yahoo stuff causes so much chatter between machines, that it can easily bring your whole network to a grinding halt. Man, I'm really incensed. This whole e-mail deal has undoubtedly cost me some feedback points on eBay. On the other hand, I really did my best to be patient with the ISP, and Friday I just flew off the handle and started making phone calls to their upper echelons. So here we are, in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, and it suddenly starts working. I can only imagine that it was some smart techie grunt that finally figured it out. Hopefully he's getting good overtime. I'd like to give him/her a big hug. :)

/rant

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Hi! Welcome to 1995!

;)

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yeah, you're right, it really sucks. They've got massive computers running the whole show, and it's gotten to the point where human beings can't figure them out anymore.

Arghhh... it's the Borg! They've arrived! :D:D:D

Man, if I were running the show, I'd fire all those wanna-be engineers and techies and pay some good people some good money to really do the job. Screw unemployment, I've just gotten a first hand taste of what it means. :ninja:

Anyway, e-mail responses will start flowing sometime tonight or tomorrow morning, as soon as I can empty out all these massive queues. :)

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I strongly advise people to not use the email addy the the ISP provides, and instead take a free one or park a domain somewhere for just that reason.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I agree. I have the 5 that my ISP provides, and I prefer to use 2 gmail accounts. On that tip, if anyone wants a gmail account, I have a pile of invites to give away (if they haven't opened em up to the general masses yet). PM me.

That 2 gig limit can't hurt. :)