Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My EBS combo is on the way!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hujo, Apr 17, 2003.

1. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes! Finally an amp of my own, an EBS Drome 12.. I'm so psyched, unfortunately, i'll probably have to wait over easter for it to arrive.. For years i've been borrowing amps for gigs, which have worked pretty good, but I decided a while ago that I had to get my own amp, and started looking, and found a pretty good deal on a used Drome... I can't wait!

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Cool. I love my EBS cab and I'd LOVE to pickup a combo.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Excellent! Let us know how it turns out.:D

4. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

I have to congratulate you to your new coming EBS Drome 12"! :)

/MrBaloo - Happy Drome 12"-owner...

5. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hey baloo, where in Sweden are you? How much did you pay for your Drome?

I just got back from rehersal with a crappy 30-something watt amp, boy do i long for the EBS!

6. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

I live about 110 km south of Umeå (ok, I didn't read where you were seated at the time for my first reply), i.e. only 1 hour and exactly 15 minutes of car trip...

I bought mine - a slightly used Drome 12" - last summer for 7 kSEK and it has been the best combo amp i ever have played through. I have never got this little fellow to sound bad! :cool:

/MrBaloo

7. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Around Övik then? Anyway, i didn't really know excactly what these things go for used when i bought it, so I wasn't sure if I got a good deal or not, but I've talked to a couple of others, and they seem to be around the 6000 price range.. I got mine for 5500, which is just what I can afford, really! I saw a month-old ad on blocket.se, I thought it would be long gone, but I got lucky, and bought it! :)

8. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Welcome to the EBS club.

Have fun.:)

9. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Ok, 5500 seems to be a really nice price. I had a chance to get one for about 6000 but I didn't get it though. But the one I bought was never played outside home (= mint condition and as good as new). Beside of that, the previous owner was a very friendly fellow, so 7 kSEK inclusive shipping across Sweden seemed to be a fair price.

/MrBaloo