1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my EBS verdict:

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The BurgerMeister, Jul 31, 2007.

1. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    after much testing and deliberation, i've found that EBS pedals are amazing with actives, and just so-so with passives.

what do you think?
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I prefer playing passives, so meh.

3. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    never played through an EBS

4. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Haha, I love how the only comments are me and SEV leaving lame-ass, disappointing responses. I think it suits us.

5. I had to modify my BassIQ to work with my passive, but once I did it kicked donkey. My MicroBass II works miracles with my passive too... I guess I'd have to say I disagree, but I've just realised that my latest EBS pedal has yet to be tried with my passive bass! :eek:

6. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    lol +1

7. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    hmm... i've yet to try the MicroBass II.

the MultiComp, MultiDrive, OctaBass, and BassIQ all sound fine with passives, but really SHINE with actives. granted, i do have more of them to try...

8. You forget the EBS dynaverb, I have a passive bass, and the dynaverb does miracles with it. Most of the times when people tries the dynaverb they do it when the volume of the amp is very low, so they wont experience the true beauty of the EBS reverb sound. Knocking on the strings while playing gives and incredibly nice drumsnare sound, truely great in duobands or solo:)

9. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    it's not a question of forgetting... i was simply listing the ones i've had the oppurtunity to try. the UniChorus and DynaVerb remain untested... i'll keep an eye out for them, though!

10. Yo, it was also just that it got mentioned,
    //peace Rasz

11. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    peace!
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

12. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    EBS is the bombdiggity, however the company does not respond to emails. TERRIBLE COMMUNICATION FROM THOSE SWEDES!!!!

i highly recommend there pedals tho i wish they would answer emails.

what gives?

13. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    I'm finding that many pedals can be tone champs or chumps depending on whether the strength of the input suits them.

If you have a pedal or two that you're not in love with, it's worth putting a Microamp or somesuch in front to see if the pedal has a sweet spot you've been missing.

14. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    EBS + Active basses = :bassist:

But the Unichorus just can't deliver the sound of an EHX "Clone". It must be modeled after a good Boss chorus or something.

15. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    I've gotten good results from EBS pedals with both passive and active basses.

16. I've received excellent communications with them on two the occasions I've tried. They were very helpful to me, so... ?

17. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes, but you speak Bork!

18. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I use them with both and love them (Unichorus, BassIQ and MultiDrive). One of the things that turned me on to them was the fact that they sounded good with my spectors, not just a passive P.

19. :D :D :D

20. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I want a Valvedrive.