My "Eff Base"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Feb 5, 2002.

1. FedEx finally delivered the F, a couple of days late.
    I have to go back to school soon, but so far so good. It really does sound like a J, and it is very light in weight! I didn't pay a lot because of the finish damage, but I like the bass a lot.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Those upper and lower horns seem a little...well, off balance. Just a funky camera angle?
  3. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Very Nice! :D

4. Nope, that's pretty much what it looks like. Here's the other one that the same seller was selling.
    And here's the body of mine:
  5. I saw you were bidding on an R Bass on Ebay too. Holy crap, is all I can say.

That F is sweet, I am gonna try to hit up the shop in Hamilton when I am there over spring break. I believe an F bass is next on my list.

6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Funky, those pictures clear it up. That burst fades into a darker color, and makes the horn in the initial picture seem itty bitty. Those other pictures are better. Looks better now.

Killer looking basses you have there. Where DO you get these wonderfull toys? :)
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What finish damage?
  8. There are a lot of little finish chips on the front. Not too big of a deal, but it ain't pristine.
  9. Funkycarnivore,
    I hope that's not your room in the background of the picture you posted. If it is, you got to hire a house cleaner or something because that place is a pit and no bass as fine as the F is going to stay around a place like that.
  10. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What made you choose that one over the other? And that is no pit, i should take a photo of my bass in my place, you'd be shocked!
  11. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Room? There's a ROOM in that picture... where?

Oh yeah, now I see it. I got to concentrate more on seeing the details... I only saw the bass!

I love F basses, they sound and look awesome! Too bad I probably won't come around playing one of them in this lifetime... :(
  12. I bought the one I did because it was cheaper, had a painted finish with matching headstock, and I was really only looking for a five string version of a Jazz Basss. The thing that I really appreciate about this F so far is that it seems to have two really great tones--an excellent passive Jazz tone with fairly low output (passive mode), and then, with the bass and treble boosted and mids cut, an INCREDIBLE funky, thick slap tone. I have other basses for other sounds, so this one covers the ground it needs to.

And that's not my room! Mine's messier!!
  13. lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    And I'm the guy who got the amber/pumpkin F bass that was pictured above FC's. Fedex will deliver it this Friday, but I won't get to see it until Sunday, as I'm traveling for work. Can't wait.
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nice Ritter there, Funky!
  15. How much would it cost to Fed ex you a ....rake?
    Awesome basses BTW!!!!Some day I'll snag me an F bass(just want to make the Roscoe and the Modulus a little jealous.)