1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Electra Corsair

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ricfunk74, Apr 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ricfunk74

ricfunk74

Oct 8, 2016
    I think that it's a '74 WIN_20170414_13_50_16_Pro.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Cool. Care to tell us about it? How does it play/sound?

3. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Man, that looks so familiar. I wish I could pin down why.

4. ricfunk74

ricfunk74

Oct 8, 2016
    I saw it on Ebay years ago. The owner was forced to pull it from Ebay by Rickenbacker. He reached out to me since I was the highest bidder and I bought it from him for around $300 I think. I had my local luthier go over it and address some minor things and he loved it. It feels and sounds a bit more like a 4003 than a 4001 to me. I have a '72 and a '73 4001 and this has a chunkier neck and more low end to the tone. The pickups are louder as well. I can still get really close to the old 4001 sound but I can also get more low end if I need it. It fits perfectly in a Ric molded case and when placed side by side with one of my 4001s, all of the dimensions seem to be the same except that the body is about 1/4 inch thicker. It has a bolt neck. I think that the sparkle inlays are fantastic! I would take this to one of the Chinese copies any day and, although it isn't a Rickenbacker, it definitely looks great and is a great bass in it's own way.

seedokebass likes this.
  5. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    Way cool!