My Elrick Family *warning lots of big pics*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by C-5KO, Feb 6, 2006.

1. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I finally got around to doing some better pics. Hope everybody enjoys these.

Maple top/Ash body/Maple neck/Macassar Ebony fb

Maple top&back/Ash body/Maple neck/Alder heelblock/Macassar Ebony fb

Walnut top&back/Ash body/Maple neck/Alder heelblock/Brazilian Rosewood fb

Walnut top&back/Walnut body/Wenge neck/Walnut heelblock/Gaboon Ebony fb
  2. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    This man likes his Elricks, and that :bassist:
  3. yeah... he also likes nothing but fretted 6xers with soapbars... There nice... but why not a 5ver and a four, or at least a fretless? maybe some j style pups? or mm's?... what's your thinking... (gosh i love the walnut ones though :hyper: )

P.S. finally 100 posts! :D
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Hey, one of 'em has J pickups! :D

Awesome collection, Kori- nice to see some pics of them all together, particularly the two singlecuts. Are you sure the board on the double cut with the ramp is macassar- it looks just like bubinga?

Looks like you like CDs even more than Elricks :D Is the new six your favorite?
  5. very nice, single cuts are not my thing, but those are still beutiful basses my friend
  6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    That is the first thing that came to my mind, too. :)

Nice collection! I really like the one with the ramp.
  7. AndreasH

Apr 8, 2005
    Wow! That's a nice Elrick/CD collection! :)
  8. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
  9. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I was just thinking that when looking at the pictures. I bought it off a guy in Malaysia a few years back. Honestly I don't remember. It "sounds" like ebony. I haven't had any experience with bubinga, so I could be wrong there. It's also the angle of the bass when I took the pics. I think it picked up more light than the other basses because it was close to one of the lights, so the fingerboard looks lighter in colour. It's actually more brown and less red.

I love my CD's too. I managed the Jazz Dept at Sam the Record Man, main store, for a couple of years. Pay was crap, management were idiots, but I cleaned up in promo CDs. Close to 1/3 of my CD's are promo's.

My new bass is definately my favourite at the moment. We're trying to get a bunch of recording finished/started, and I'm going to be putting this bass through a workout.
  10. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

One has j's. My new one was going to have j's, but at the last minute I changed my order.

I have a fretless Fender Jazz which didn't fit in the picture. She was my first bass. I've sort of retired her, since I don't play 4 or 5 anymore. For me, it's all about the feel. And a smaller width neck, just doesn't do it for me. I find Elrick 6 string necks extremely comfortable, and very fast to get around on. I used to own a Tobias 6 Standard bass, and while that bass sounded great, it was always a fight to play it.
  11. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Ramps are coming for the other basses too. I have one already for the Elrick with J's but it has to be cut down to size.

I did get 2 more ramps for the singlecuts, but they were cut too small, so he said I could swap them. I did put one of the two small ramps on the new singlecut when I first got it. Played on it for a bit, then took it off when he said I could swap them. After playing the bass without the ramp on, and being able to compare the feel from just moments earlier, I'd have to say a ramp definately makes things more comfortable.
  12. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

my walnut basses were partly inspired from your chambered singlecut that was on ebay a while back. between the look of that bass, and hearing jokerjkny's Elrick 5, I'm a maple-converted-walnut fan. your bass had that amazing figure, like a circular flaming! Beautiful.

y'know the one!
  13. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    Thanks alot man, now I gotta wipe the drool off my keyboard :scowl:

Seriously though, those are way nice, my fav's are the far left, and far right respectively.
  14. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Beautiful basses!!!
  15. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Are they all equipped with Hipshot Detuners? It looks like it but im not sure. If they are thats awesome, id love to have a six string and flip the lever and get that extra low note that are on 7 stringers!
  16. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

funny that you chose those two. the far left, is probably the darkest sounding. all that walnut makes for a dark/focused, tight sound - punchy, but with lots of bark to her. the far right, is the brightest. really snappy, and almost too hi-fi sometimes. i just swapped the SS strings off that one for the nickels that came with my new bass (2nd from left). So the new bass now has Fatbeams, and the bolt-on has Elrick Nickels. I'm probably going to take the Fatbeams off eventually, and try some SS Lows.
  17. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep. I installed a detuner on the bolt-on. It didn't have one originally. The rest all have them.

I usually detune it to a low A. We play a few songs where I just need a couple of low Bb's, and the detuner does the trick for me. I haven't tried much lower than that. I probably would need a bigger strings. I think .130 is what the B is now. How big is a low F# strings?
  18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Killer collection C-5KO!