1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My ENTIRE music/bass collection. 6 Basses, Amp, Cab, Effects, ONE PACKAGE/MUST SEE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SubSectorSucker, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Hey Everyone,

Sorry for my absence from TB. Suffice it to say my family and I have been going through a run of..well, bad luck lately. It's involved health and work issues. I'll spare everyone the sob-stories and hyperbole.

Suffice it all to say I need to get out of the music biz. I am working my -real- job pretty much 7 days a week now to make ends meet. I am selling ALL of my music gear. Everything. I want to sell this as an entire package. It will be available to pick up in Philadelphia, PA zip 19116. Sorry in advance for the bad pics. Everything was photographed with an iPhone.....

THE PACKAGE IS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION/PLAY PICKUP IN 19116. AS OF NOW I WILL NOT SELL ITEMS SEPERATELY. This may change later-- but I really, really, REALLY want to sell it all at once- and for a good price to a TBer. NO TRADES

Below are the pics of the bigger-ticket items with a brief description of each. If you are a serious potential buyer, I'll be glad to go over the particulars of each item more specifically.

This is not to be flip or lazy. It is again, due to time constraints. Please check my feedback. If you get a bass from me, it will be clean and play like butter. I'm meticulous with my setups. I take care of my gear and valu emy reputation

Here is the OVERALL package:

photo.

2008 Fender American Standard P-Bass Sunburst/RW

08pbassfront.

08pbassrear.

Includes original hard shell case. Very nice condition with a Lindy Fralin pickup installed. Also includes original Pickup

2004 Fender American Standard P-Bass Butterscotch Blonde

04PbassFront.

This one is in nice condition (she's a bit of a player, a couple nicks and dents here and there) and includes a new solid rosewood pickguard. This one is beautiful!

2008 Fender Road Worn P-Bass in Fiesta Red

RWPBassFront.

RWpBassRear.

My favorite bass of all-time and my main gigging bass. This one hurts to lose.

2004 EBMM REFINISHED SUB Stingray
    stingrayfront.

Stingrayrear.

This one is cool. It was refinished by it's previous owner. The Slab stingray body was stripped of the rhynocoat. It had a belly contour and a forearm contour added. It was then refinished in Seafoam Green Nitro. The back of the neck had the paint removed, and was refinished in EBMM gunstock oil. Has an aftermarket Nordstrand Pickup added. Currently is NOT working. I don't know why. I was using it in my last gig, I made it through two sets, and when I started the 3rd, it was silent. It's not the battery. Probabaly a solder went bad/wiring issue. I don't have time to mess with it.

A Wishbass Lobe Model REFINISHED
    Lobe.

This one is refinished by TB's own 49sfine. It is a beautiful looking, sounding, and playing fretless instrument. I have a lot of money into this. After the refin, it's a boutique instrument. Check his other incredible work on TB......

A Wishbass Scarab Model REFINSHED

Scarab.

Same as the above. I liked this one so much, I commissioned 49sfine to build me another. A beautiful looking, sounding, and playing fretless

SO THAT WAS 6 BASSES. ONTO THE ELECTRONICS:

A Pair of Behringer Powered 500 Watt 15" PA Speakers with Stands

PAandStands.

These have served me faithfully for several years. They have been used for both Mains and monitors. They are loud/sound good/ and have NEVER let me down

Shure SM85 Mic, and TC Helicon TC Correct and Harmony G

TCheliconandMic.

Everything is clean and works as they should. I'm a pretty average singer. These made me sound pretty good! ;) One for pitch correction, and one for adding some cool harmonies. Check youtube--they're pretty neat!

Pedal Case and Pedals
    pedalboard.

Includes a VT Bass, BOSS TU-2 Tuner, and BBE Optostomp. Includes an ac adapter that powers up to 6 pedals. These pedals are all highly regarded on this board for a reason

Mark Bass 121p Combo and NYC 121 extension Cab

markBassStack.

markbassseperate.

The greatest gigging amp ever IMO. Amazing on it's own, and earth-shaking with the extension. Light/loud/ and sounds incredible. Anyone who owns one will tell you how invaluable they are if you gig a lot.

THE WHOLE PACKAGE

photo.

collection1.

If it's in the picture and music related, it's yours. There is a ton of cool stuff here that I didn't list. There is a repair toolkit, various pickguards, various new and used strings, straps, stands, cables, etc. It's literally too much to list.

I thought long and hard about a price. I realize that If i sold everything individually, I could get a considerably larger return. I am asking $4,300 for EVERYTHING

Buy it because you're a gigging bassist and it's all cool stuff to treat yourself to, or buy it to resell it and make a profit. I've been on TB. I know what this stuff sells for REALISTICALLY, and priced it so the buyer can turn a nice profit.

I don't have time to sell this stuff seperately. Please don't ask me for individual pieces. I realize selling it this way limits the audience, but again, I don't have the time to deal with hundreds of PMs/bargaining/ trade-offers/ etc.

LOCAL SALE BUYER PICKUP

Sorry again for being so blunt. Thanks again everyone!

2. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Hey TB'ers - I am saddened to see this post because it was such a pleasure getting Scarab #1127 and Lobe #1375a (they were way more than just being refinished - it was a complete and radical make-over and transformation from what they started as) put together for SubSector and in the process getting to know him. He is a stand-up guy, a man of his word, and just a heck of a nice human being! The price for this package is dirt cheap, and I can say that just based on the Wishbass work I did, in conjunction with the other really, really nice gear. Hopefully someone will come to the rescue and end up with a fabulous gear haul.

If there is anything I can do (besides buying your gear) to help, please let me know ...

3. Wow, just thinking about you selling all of your gear makes me feel sad mate. There's a lot of time, money and soul in your collection which must make the decision a real hard one. Obviously you have thought long and hard about it all, but may I suggest that you at least keep the Roadworn P for those odd moments when you need 10 minutes to take you away from the reality of it all??

GLWTS.

4. Really sad to hear about what's happening. GLWTS

5. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I'm in the market for a Markbass 112 extension cab in CT.
    john m

Sorry to see a fellow bassist in this situation.

I hope you can keep one bass and one amp.

6. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

Hey Eric....sorry to hear of your misfortune Bro!!

TB bro's.....Eric is the finest TB'er on the planet (well, besides me) We've had the opportunity to meet and chat numerous times, and each time was an enjoyable experience!!

Feel confident that if he says its good stuff...its good!!

Stay well Eric...and keep the faith!!

Denny

7. Everyone:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the outpouring of support. TB is an amazing place. The outpouring of support, kind words, and offers has been humbling to say the least.

The words from both people I've met "in real life" and those who's names I only know from friendly banter on TB has really helped to restore my faith in humanity. I know that sounds melodramatic, but I really mean it. In my line of work, I regularly encounter the worst very that society has to offer; and it's very easy to become jaded. Reading all of these messages has really helped put a smile back on my face.

Selling this stuff is needed to get my family at least temporarily back from the brink. The cash is certainly needed, but it turns out that the kind words were in fact needed even more. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. TB is truly one of the greatest groups of people that I have ever come across.

-Eric

8. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    Wow. Sorry to see this happening, also. Obviously lots of love in that room. Hope the future holds better for you.

9. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    We should get your papal address and throw him some cash.Lets all give 5,10.20 bucks to his account and help out.Lets all chip in and let him keep at least some of his gear.Keep him bumped to the top.

10. This is one of the hardest things for me to read on these forums. For you to sell all this great gear means you must be going through something rough. I wish you the best and whatever it is life is throwing at you and your loved ones right now, just know that everything will eventually work itself out. It might not be how you expect it to or may not be very pleasant, but life moves on and one day things will get better. Life has a funny way of doing that. Anyway, I feel like TB is kinda like a family, so I second bassman28's suggestion. This is a lot of amazing gear for very little coin really, so I hope somebody is able to help him out and buy some of it up. The basses alone would sell for more than this without all the extra stuff he's throwing in. Please help him out!

11. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    As much as that would be awesome, it's not allowed on Talkbass.

Bump for some cool gear.

12. What about if we PM'd him about it?

13. tmoney61092

tmoney61092

Sep 15, 2009
    Drooling over the Scarab Wishbass...send me a pm if you decide to sell separately

14. godblender

godblender Banned

Mar 11, 2009
    Michigan
    Wow. Best of luck with your sale and, most importantly, getting yourself and your family back on track...which will happen. Take care.

15. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Eric, sorry to hear about your recent challenges! Keep your chin up, buddy! There's always more gear to be had when things turn around for you.

My wife and i will say a prayer for you!

I may be interested in the lot, mostly for resale. But i need to get spousal approval first. :)

16. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Eric,

Hello. Please accept my good wishes for your family, and my free bump for your listing.

Good Luck!

All the Best,

Snaxster

17. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Hey, I got an idea - somebody close by can buy up Eric's stuff and then gift back to him that roadworn P-bass he clearly loves. Win-win for everyone! For those of you who don't know, Eric works for the police department, so he's around a lot of folks who let's just say, are "lost". It's got to be a heavy burden, day after day. In the course of working on Eric's Lobe and the Scarab, I got to know him a little bit and it was a total pleasure. He made me glad that I get to do what I do and I am grateful for making the connection with him. My prayers go out to him and his family.

18. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Simply Blown Away..... A bit speechless. Good luck with everything.... I am intrigued.

19. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Supporting Member

This is terrible news. You and your family are in my families thoughts and prayers. This is a hell of a deal on this lot. Especially considering that it's helping you out. Take care and we want to see you back in the community again soon!

20. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

What ballpark price are you putting on the Roadworn???