1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My entry in the Hotrodded Jazz Bass Division!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RSmith, Mar 4, 2008.

1. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    2000 MIA Deluxe with Duncans and an Audere, 8.5 lbs and a big fat tone machine!! Sanded the top in memory of a tele I saw Keith Richards playing about 20 years ago. I always thought that was a cool look. This is the best sounding J I've ever played!

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Sweet - did it come with that pickguard? Are the American Deluxe pickguards hard to find?

3. StringThing

StringThing

Dec 6, 2007
    San Diego
    I think I want a Audere, but in a V do they work well? What exact PUs and how do you like them?.

4. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    That's a stock pickguard, but they do seem hard to find.

Seymour Duncan SBJ3 Quarter Pound pick ups are the weapon of choice here. I was gonna get some Fralins or Nordstrands but these had been collecting dust at a local store so they cut me a nice deal. I dig em, just big honest jazz tone. The Audere pre-amp really makes the bass come alive. I've read about them here, then when I saw them in the new Nordstrand basses I figured it was time to check one out.