My Epifani 4x10UL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndroWal, Jan 31, 2004.

1. AndroWal

Sep 28, 2003
    Ojai, CA
    Finally got to spend some good time with my new Epifani volume. It's fantastic. Not only can I do overhead presses with it with ease, but the sound... it's clear, punchy, accurate...definitely hi fi. It works perfectly with my Eden WT800 and my Wals.

I wholeheartedly recommend Epifani Cabs.
  2. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Very nice, very nice. You bought the cab i would have wanted had money not been an issuse. Instead i got an older T212, which is one heck of a cab in its own right.
  3. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I also bought an Epifani Ultralight 4x10 recently, after playing through a number of cabinets at a local dealer. My last cab was a Bergantino 2x12, which is a killer cab, but it weighs 85 pounds. The Epifani has a much smoother sound, which fits with the tone that I prefer. And, it only weighs 61 pounds! The other day I was leaving rehearsal, and carried it out the door with one hand.
  4. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I've heard something about the UL's that I don't want to think or believe is true, but I gotta ask anyway. When compared to the old style heavier cones and cabs in the Epifani line, the UL's don't really have the same low end booty. They have great punch, and with enough power behind them can really deliver in the mix of a live situation, but the low end just ain't quite there. And for those that have/get them, the trade off in comparison to the amount of effort needed to get them in and out of the door is worth it.

I'm a "big rig" fanatic, so I was wondering how two of the 410 UL's would stack up with about 1400 W put to them.

Any comments??
  5. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    It is my understanding that they changed the speaker magnets to a lighter material. I'm not sure if the cones are different also. I played through an Ultralight 4x10 and a regular 4x10 (both Epifani) and did not notice any difference. I have been very happy with the bottom end from this cabinet with my Roscoe 5-strings.

6. MaHei

Dec 24, 2002
    I use two Epi 2x10 UL. Can't compare with the heavier cabs but I get plenty of low end for my purposes, the ULs are no slouch in that department.

7. Maestro4Bass

Jun 5, 2001
    Newark D.E
    I have an Epi 410 UL. It's rated at 1000 watts and peaks at
    2400 watts. With this in mind I'm pumping 1800 watts at 8
    ohms. I have plenty of headroom. This is one great Cab. I
    use a HBP-1 and Crest CA9. If your gonna use two 410 UL
    I think you'll need more than 1400 watts for power.
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

who told you that? if anything my 3x10 gets some righteous booty. if anything, the UL's do have a more inyourface sounding midrange than the regular Epi's. the regular Epi's seem to have a more sucked in attenuated sound in comparison.

whoever told you that, might have heard the UL in passing, cause conversely that attenuated midrange does make the lows and highs seem more pronounced.

but both, of course, rock in true Epifani fashion. :cool:
  9. AndroWal

Sep 28, 2003
    Ojai, CA
    There simply isn't anything missing from my 410UL. I admit I haven't used it much yet, but thus far, it exceeds any cabinet I have ever played through.

Nothing missing.

It only gives more.

And again, it's perfect for overhead presses.