Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My ER20 ear plugs are GREAT!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I got four pair of ER20 ear plugs from Mike Dimin. I've used them for two weekend gigs so far. These are great! I use to use 31dB foam ear plugs and never realized how much better ear safety could be! I hear more treble, but feel the volume is still at a safe level. I don't know how they would work for singing, but I guess they'd be better that foam cylinder plugs. I gave two pairs away to friends i care about and they both are really excited about playing with these plugs too.

For those of you worried about looking "cool", you're not! :p just kidding. you can get the plugs with clear plastic tips (the part that sticks out of you ear a little) and they are harder to see than a big white or yellow or red or orange foam cylinder sticking out!

check out the web page for info... www.etymotic.com then buy from our very own talkbass member Mike Dimin at http://www.michaeldimin.com/estore.htm good prices! order "clear" he says they are the ones he has the most of....THANKS MIKE!

p.s. its hard to believe, but i have G.A.S. for custom fit earplugs like the ER15s!!

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I started using ER20's over a year ago and never go to a gig or show without them. In fact they are on my keychain so i take them everywhere. I too have gas for custom fitted earplugs.

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    ER20s are great, I don't leave home without 'em.

4. I'm bumping this up because I received my ER20s from Mike Dimin a few days ago. My band had two consecutive all-day rehearsals at a theatre we rented out, and they arrived in time for the second day. The difference between the industrial plugs I used the first day and the ER20s was quite noticable, and good! Everything sounds exactly like it does without plugs, but quieter, except for my own voice. They also don't require squeezing and waiting for the plug to re-expand, which is nice. I still have trouble getting the left one to consistently fit right, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

The little cords were a wasted buck because they transmit too much sound (loud scraping sound in my ear from the cord touching my neck!), but overall the ER20s get my recommendation. :)