Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My essex bass is great I LOVE IT!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by megatron, Aug 13, 2003.

1. megatron

megatron

Jul 9, 2003
    Got it the other day and played till 3 am last night! Nice bass for the money. Looks like it cost way more than it did. I got the 3 tone burst one. The P bass. Got some Flat strings coming for it :)

Sounds great. Tuned up easy. I have to keep tuning it but i guess the strings are settling in? Im new at this. Got a begginers Bass book with CD. Very helpful. I got lessons coming up in a couple of weeks.

Thats my review.
    :D

2. 12notes

12notes

Jul 15, 2003
    Yeah. The Essex basses are just great. Even for old hands, old farts.

I've got the sunburst P fretless (I also had a real old, not ri Fender fretless P before.) I love it. I've been playing my Essex and my TEAM clones more than my old real Fenders.

Regarding you need to re-tunning it. Put some graphite (a pencil 'lead' will do) into the slots in the nut. You need to stress the strings. Hook your finger under the string one at a time. Pull the string up until tight, and run your finger like that from the bridge to the head several times.

Do this everytime you put on new strings.

Enjoy this great bass. :)