Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My experience with tow truck company and question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Jan 11, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    First, I was wrong I let my tags expire on my 98 chev s-10. The truck is not running due to a clutch problem so I let it sit in the apartment complex the tags expired in nov they came and towed at end of december.

I did not get tags because in Ohio you have to get an E check every other year. This was my year to get an E check, but since the truck was not running I could'nt drive it to the E check.

One sat morning mt girlfriend woke me up and told me the tow truck company was out picking up my truck.

They charged me $125 because they had a flat bed then $15.00 a day storage,including sundays WHEN YOU CANT PICK UP THE TRUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSED!!

It cost me $200.00 in the long run but I notice when you pick up the truck you have to sign for it and show your title, once you sign you have waived them any liability if vehicle is damaged.

So what if they cause damage to your vehicle while towing?? Mine is not damaged but I am curious?? They can never be liable?