Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My Family

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jun 4, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Hi every one, here are the pics of my family (finally).

So I've got everything in a Stagg stage case type thing. In order there is my Fender jazz '62 mexi reissue, Peavey European Series, rick 4003, ibanez srx505, and some tanglewood guitar(but who cares about that.)

The jazz is slightly modded it's got a badassII bridge, new knobs, schaller strap locks and TI Jazz Flats. BTW its Burgundy Mist Not Metallic Pink!!!

Everything else is stock

Enjoy.

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK

3. Brittney Spears.... you mean Mikey Jackson clone....wanna be...all that Thriller copy cat stuff....sheeeze....She stinks...... I'd rather paint the Kitchen...... to slutty and no talent. Sorry, I couldn't help that.

But you're right about the axes man.... those are some great basses.
    Nice Family you have there, love the Ric. Your very lucky.

4. Nice Ric....Fireglo ownz. :cool:

5. levijames

levijames

May 29, 2004
    MN
    Awesome family! Dunb question,so forgive me please?When I bought my MIA Jazz,I was torn between the Jazz and a Ric,went with a Jazz because I was a newbie to bass,but loved the Ric.I am starting to get the inkling for a second bass,working on the wife for the $$,are you happy with the Ric?I have never seen any in my small circle of musicians so I dont have anyone to ask about em.Thx!!!

6. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    i wish i could afford a ric, im afraid if i buy one ill somehow be dissapointed

7. Well Ric's are my #1 fav bass, So ill try to awnser your question.
    I am very happy with Ric. I have tried alot of basses (cept some of the very high end stuff which is rare around here) and there is a reason i have it as my #1. I love the looks...the sound...the feel. Everything.
    I find though its one of those love it or hate it basses. No middle ground really. Its best if you really can get your hands on one yourself too see.
    One thing of note that alot of people seem to have problems when it comes to Ric's is that they have so much treble it sounds like they are lacking in low end. The other usual complaint i find is that people dont like the looks of it. :p

Actually im eagerly awaiting an email from Mike Parks (www.ricpage.com) as im trying to get my hands on another Ric thats on order....Mike better work on Saturdays :(

8. levijames

levijames

May 29, 2004
    MN
    When I first seen the Ric--I really didnt look the looks of it,actually it was fugly to me.But after a while it started to grow on me and soon I loved the looks.I loved the way it played.Hopefully when I get back to work and get some $$ coming in finally I can get one.Thx for the info

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Well funny thing is out of all those basses my main one currently is the Ibanez, but that only cos i'm playing metallica style rock.

The fender tends to be my main practice bass because of the flats, I can play for hours and my fingers don't feel a thing.

The ric is my fav though my dad bought it for me at christmas '99 so I like the thought of having a pre millenium bass an all. If you head over to steve lawson's forum I record a solo bass version of amazing grace with the ric straight into my computer. It's not the ideal sound of the ric because I was trying to get lots of harmonics out of it.

The story goes when I came back to the uk I wanted a back-up bass to my ric, I tried everything from G&L to peavey and nothing seemed to get that sound. Then I stumbled across my jazz I compared it to a proper '75 american RI jazz and there was only a slight difference. So I bought the jazz but after a year of having two basses that feel completely different but sound similar I decided to change them to totally different tone beasts. The jazz has ti flats on it which allows me to get that old school thump bbut all the jaco-esk harmonics I crave. The ric has ernie balls 45-105 that I will be changing every 2-3 months so I really have that zing. Those two are the basses I love to play. The ibanez I have grown to love after lots of long practice sessions and some gigs. The peavey is exactly the same as the one I used in venezuela for recording. Yes its cheap, yer the hardwares growing something green on it but man does it record well.

I will be selling the peavey soon and be getting a custom 5 string jazz from John Shuker when ever I get the money.

Hope this helps