1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My FamilyPicture: No more gas for me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Simon Langley, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    I know this is shameless self promotion but for the first time in my life I finally feels content with my collection and feel I have all my (pun intended) basses covered. Let me know what you think.

l_1ab817178b64aa74884efa661e38821c.

From left to right:

-2006 Lakland 44-01 with pickguard added. (sounds best with the Workingman's 15 at my church)

-2007 Fender Highway One With tort guard, Gotoh 201 and Nordstrand NP4 pickup. (for when I want to pretend I'm Pino or Jamerson)

-2008 Squier VM 70's Jazz with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, MIM control plate and BadassII (great all around beater that I can take to backyard parties and such)

-1998 Alembic Essence five string with Q switch added (my #1, need I say more)

-Custom assembled Fender 70's Style Jazz with Audere pre and Nordtrand NJ4SE. Currently wearing the HWY One's original Badass II. (amazing sound and a really fun and rewarding project for me this year)

-Early Shcecter P-Bass. (one of my collector items and way too heavy to play out. the body and neck are one piece and both made of Indian Rosewood)

-1969 Gibson EB-0 with DMZ Model 1 pickup. (have all original parts including the pickup. lusted for this particular bass for about 20 years before it was finally mine)

2. taterlog

taterlog Guest

Jan 4, 2008
    Mississippi
    Kool Pic, but I'd keep an eye on that fish, its trying to eat your Schecter !

3. Lulu

Lulu

Oct 15, 2003
    Belgium
    No more gas for you !!! I have said that so many times since my first bass ;)

Great Family !

4. :D yes..... "all my basses covered".... for the moment :D

5. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    Nice-looking collection you have there!

:)
    I'd add at least one fretless electric and one upright bass in there, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Congrats.

6. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    :D

7. Nice Mix of Basses - Love the Project Bass - cool looking Jazz!

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, that blue Jazz looks great. Congrats,...so, you're never gonna buy another bass?

9. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    Can't sneak anything by you guys. I guess "for now" would be the best way to put it. You never know when something new and neat will come out. This is just the first time that there is nothing on my radar.

10. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    Your right. After all he has already eaten all the other fish in the tank. Darn those Oscars.

11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Very nice family!!!

I've been pretty satisfied with my collection for a while and thought I was done having GAS, but lately, I've found myself with a low-level-but-growing case of GAS again.

Realistically, I doubt I'll ever truly be free from GAS. I think I'm better able to resist it in the past, but it hasn't gone away completely.

TB never helps, BTW.

12. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    You are preaching to the choir. So what is causing your GAS now?

Speaking of GAS it just so happens I had my gall bladder taken out yesterday. I'm sitting there and during the pre-op interview it comes out that I am a bass player. Well so is the anesthesiologist and we spend the next 20 minutes talking about our gear. Is GAS something we all suffer?

13. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

A friend of mine brought a pre-EB Stingray to one of my gigs and had me play it for a few songs so he could hear it in the mix. It took a lot of resolve to hand it back to him. I can resist the newer Stingrays, but there's something about the tone of those older ones . . .

Not to mention my dream Sadowsky (low level GAS):
    [​IMG]

Oh, and the Lakland Skyline Decade looks tasty too.

Thanks, TalkBass. :(

FWIW, I don't think they can remove the organ which causes GAS. :p There is no cure other than avoiding TB. Good luck on your recovery.

14. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

That's too funny. Even the gas passer has GAS, LOL.

15. XxBassPlayerxX

XxBassPlayerxX

Mar 25, 2007
    you're missing a warwick CS bass!

16. That is a nice family.

The first step in conquering GAS is that you admit your illness. Well done on that.

But what you don't realize is that curing GAS is a mutli-step process.

The next step is to let go of the objects of your desire and study your inner self.

If you need a good home for them, I'll give you my address.

I am here for you. Remember, it's for your own good. :bassist:

17. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    am I the only one who's not seeing a picture here?

18. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    Too much is not enough.

19. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

2 words.... ROB ALLEN:p:D

Seriously, you have a great collection there!

20. Needs a Warwick and a Musicman. =P
    Great collections though.