Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my father in law...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, May 1, 2004.

1. just mailed me a harmonica. i don't know why. if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go toot this thing.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Shoot the messenger. You'll never get any more harmonicas.

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Harmonicas are handy little things if you're broke and need some change for money.

I hope he sent you a C/Am, instead of a crazy Bb one.

4. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    my last band had a lead singer/harp player. nice addition if you're into that kinda thing....of course everytime we played somebody always had to say: "you guys sound like Blues Traveler". thanks? :meh: (and I like BT...but we sounded nothing like them)

5. C/Am it is. if i want change, i need a hat.
    i used to have a band with a harp/flute/singer. he had to solo every damn chance he had. that can get annoying.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You can never be good at harmonica if you've never been homeless.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Or at the very least seriously broke. My good buddy Mark's never been homeless, but he's a damn fine harmonica player.

8. well, i've got the broke thing down.

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    My bud has a harmonica...I'd love to get one. Easy to play (I've tried a couple of horns from friends in the school band, I can't even make a sound on a trombone! Reed intruments are icky, too) for an instrument with your mouth. I quite enjoy the sound of 'em, and it's not like they're rare or expensive.

10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Does your father-in-law like you? Be sure he didn't pretreat the reeds with a little used beer...

11. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Harmonicas are way cool.

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    My old keyboard player got a harmonica and one of those around-the-neck-wire-frame-things that I can't remember the name of so that he could have something to do in traffic. He got pretty good at it.

Later he decided to take up other instruments while stuck in traffic. That's where he learned Recorder(We used it on one of our songs, two at a time, like on Stairway) and Chanter. We were trying to think where the bagpipes would be useful, but nothing ever presented itself.

13. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    now that's cool. :cool: