my father passed away yesterday

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by discoboo, Dec 29, 2004.

1. discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    My Dad died yesterday of a sudden heart attack at home...I had just returned from a trip to St. Louis with my wife when I got the call from my Mom telling me the news...She was there when it happened and held him in his final moments. There was nothing the paramedics could do...they said he didn't know what hit him, which is good. I am totally stunned by this...Has anyone else lost someone suddenly? I'm leaving for New Jersey this weekend for the funeral and then to spend some time with my mom to help her sort things out..This really sucks but life has to go on. Sorry for the bummer...It helps to talk and let it out...Anyway I'm really gonna miss my Dad. He was 61.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yes, it does help to let it out and talk. I came here when my grandma died.

I am sorry for your loss.

3. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Ah sorry man :( My thoughts go out to you and your family.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    wow, sorry about that. i havent lost anyone that suddenly so i cant relate. hang in there.
  5. I'm very sorry to hear of your father's sudden passing, discoboo.

Sudden death is always the most difficult to deal with.

My father also died of a heart attack, though it was many years ago.

Mike :(
  6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I am sorry for you loss my friend.

My grandfather and my bass teacher also died of heart attacks.

You and your family are in my prayers.
  7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I'm sorry to hear about that.
  8. I'll add my condolences.

I know what it's like to lose a parent far too young. My Mum was 58 when I lost her to cancer and that was back in 1990. She hung on for a fortnight from being taken into hospital and it was an awful time.

She missed both my kids being born and it sometimes hurts when I see a lot of her in them. But then again, it makes me feel better too, as there's still something of her there and that's really good. I'm grateful for what time we had but sick that it wasn't longer.
  9. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost my father years ago as well; he was only 55.

10. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i'm sorry for your loss :(
    i can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a parent.
  11. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Talking about it and letting out emotions is the best way to deal with it. I too lost my father two and a half years ago; he was 46 and I was 15. He suffered a long painful battle with cancer. If you need to talk, I as well as the entire talkbass community will be glad to listen.

The best advice I can give is to help your mother through this. Family IS the most important thing.

At least he didn't suffer.

12. That's horrible, man. Sorry to hear that. You're in my prayers.
  13. I am truly sorry for your loss. :(

I also lost my father, when I was 9, to a heart attack -- he was 46. My mom passed away last month, as well, so I know how you're feelin'
  14. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    My condolences to you and your family as well. Take care...

15. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! My prayers go out to your family.
  16. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Sorry to hear Bro! My condolences to you and your family. It's good to hear your going to be there and be strong for your Mom.

God Bless
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear of it. My condolences to you and your family.
  18. I'm very very sorry to hear that. I know what effects this can have on a person, my best friend went through the exact same thing.

I'm sure both mine and everyone else's thoughts go out to yourself and your family.
  19. I am sorry to hear of your news, my condolances and prayers go out to you and your family.

Your friends here at TB are here for you

20. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I am very sorry. I can sympathize, my dad died suddenly of a heart attack also. He was leaving his office walking to the car and he just dropped. He was 56. It was 1974. I was 15 at the time. You never really get over it completely. I was just commenting over the holidays that he missed out on so much. If he had hung in another 10 years or so he probably could have been helped by bypass surgery. The hard part of sudden death is not having a chance to say goodbye. The unfinished business can really haunt you. Don't be afraid to get counseling, you are not a wimp if you reach out for help. :(