My favourite bassists

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FenderJBaSS2001, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Cliff Burton (Original Metallica Bassist)

3 vote(s)
  2. Mark Hoppus( Blink 182)

0 vote(s)
  3. Flea( Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

1 vote(s)
  4. Other

11 vote(s)
  1. Mine is Cliff Burton because he was the power behind Metallica in their glory days.
    Zodion likes this.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Oh no, not again...:D

We've had this pandora's box opened numerous times before...

Judging from the options you posted, you should widen your horizons on bassists (and music)...

Ah, and welcome to Talkbass! :)

Take a look around before you post, most stuff has been asked or posted not too long ago...;)
  3. ....exactly!! :rolleyes: and in my case there are too many to mention - as JMX said, widen your horizons and you will understand... ;)
  4. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    Good answer!!!

He plays a Carvin now doesn't he?
  5. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    Hey man, you seriously need to look into streatching your horizons. You didn't even list the basics that show up most of the time, Claypool, Wooten, Jaco, Miller... There are too many to list.

BTW, what is the deal with this cat from Blink 182, I never cared for them that much so I haven't really listened, but I can't imagine their bass player being that good. So what stuff should I check out?

Also, I like Limp and all, but I don't really see much tallent in the group, I mean, I like some of Sam's licks, but put some backing as to why he would be your favorite bass player Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë, just for curiosities sake.
  6. what kinda poll is this? how can mark hoppus be in a favorite bassist poll??! (jk?)

mine would be eric wilson from sublime.
  7. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Norwood Fisher from Fishbone .. :D
    you think Flea can slap ? listen to this guy .. he plays bass like it's a surplus body part !
  8. thats a good point, when ever i see him it looks like his bass is bolted to him, and he likes it that way.
    great bass player, great hair.

p.s. BassDude24 yea i thinks he plays the custom
    carvin PT8 :D
  9. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    hah, just the words Peter Tork, it brings a smile to my face, all I can think of is being like three, and sitting in front of the TV thinking (hey hey were the Monkeys)
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nathan East. A versatile virtuoso and a fine human being.
  11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this polls SUCKS! not that many options and the options are not that good...

come on! where´s Entwistle, Claypool, Pastorius, Miller, Wilson, Squire, Yauch, Hamm, Wooten!

Show me the Wooten!
  12. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    John Turner! although I've never heard him play (10+ megs? not on this connection, mister!), anyone with that many basses/strings had better be pretty damn good.
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

James Jamerson.

I think that Cliff Burton would probably be #365 on my list, Flea would be #487 and Mark (grass)Hopp(er)us would probably at least make my top 5000. Maybe.
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Burton at #18
    Flea at #7
    Hoppus didn´t make it to my top 40 :(
  15. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Where's Danny Bonaduce?
  16. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Mark Hoppus? You're kidding, right?

My vote would be for Beefcake the Mighty of the world's greatest rock and roll band, GWAR. Ever seen Beef play "Maggots" fingerstyle? Whoa!
  17. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Welcome to the board, FJB2K+1.

While I wouldn't exactly use Mr. Claypool's words, I tend to agree.

Maybe it should be reposted as "best of three".

Why did you choose only those three?

My vote would also go to James Jamerson.

Will C.:cool: